February 17, 2012

High Five for Friday!

I'm really liking this High Five for Friday thing, so I'm going to join up with Lauren again! What a fun way to put a positive spin on the week and focus on the GOOD things that are happening. Here is this week's top 5:

1. Last weekend I visited my family at home and it was so nice. I spent time with my parents and got to catch up with a good friend over coffee - a great weekend!

2. While at home, I saw The Vow with my mom and sisters. It was so sad and I literally came out of the theater sobbing, but it was such a good movie! I really liked the way it ended, and what girl doesn't need a good cry every once in a while?


3. We had a wonderful Valentine's Day! I came home from work to pink roses and wine from my husband, we had dinner out at Firebirds, and then came back home and watched "The New Girl" on Hulu. Doesn't take much to please us!

isn't that wine bottle neat?

4. It's my birthday this Sunday! I'm taking a little trip to the beach to celebrate. It's forecast to be cold and rainy, but I don't care, I'm still so excited for a weekend of relaxation!

via
5. I also have the day off on Monday just to enjoy some free time at home :) Taking a little time off work is one of my birthday traditions that I don't think I'll ever decide to give up!

Have a great weekend! :)

8 comments:

  1. happy birthday! i hope you have a wonderful weekend. and it's official, i need to go see the vow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Laura! I hope you guys have a great time at the beach this weekend! And I love your idea of taking a day off for your birthday - brilliant! I'm glad to hear that you liked The Vow... I've heard so many people say don't see it but it looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great birthday weekend! Looks like the weather is looking better now, should be fun!! And you had a great Valentines, that IS alot!!

    Have a great weekend!! Lv, Erin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy early birthday! It's funny how many bloggers
    a) saw The Vow last weekend
    b) watched The New Girl on Valentine's Day!

    It looks like you had a great week, and I hope you enjoy your birthday weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday! Hope you have a fun weekend! Weekends at the beach are always relaxing, rain or no rain. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heard so many great things about the Vow!

    Hope you have a great birthday!

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Early Birthday!!

    Love The New Girl...she is so freaking funny!

    Visiting from High Five Friday ;)

    Trish
    thetattooedfamily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. have a fun birthday weekend!

    i saw the vow and LOVED it too! i like that they stayed true to the real-life couple/ending.

    coffee with a good friend is the best addition to the weekend :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I ♥ to hear from my readers :)