February 6, 2013

Saturday brunch

We've been busy.

In January we went out of town every single weekend, mostly for fun reasons, but still. It was a LOT. This past weekend we finally had a weekend at home. It was wonderful! Friday we relaxed, ate homemade pizza, and fell asleep watching a movie (that never happens. we were wiped). Saturday called for sleeping in, having brunch, catching up on chores, Mexican for dinner, and seeing a movie (Zero Dark Thirty, if you really want to know). And of course there was Super Bowl Sunday. We actually went on a hike earlier that day to help ourselves not feel so bad about the calories we would consume later that night. All in all, it was a fun-filled and relaxing weekend. Thank goodness for weekends, because Lord knows I couldn't survive without 'em.

Saturday's brunch included scrambled eggs, and this bread (via Joy the Baker). I did have to mix the dough the night before, and what with all the yeast activating and waiting for it to rise and all that, I almost second guessed myself. Would all of this work be worth it?

Oh, but it was. It really was. The disheveled way my loaf turned out actually made it taste that much better. Definitely not as perfectly beautiful as Joy's, but it was beautiful to my tastebuds, and that's what counts. Right? Right. Oh, and be sure to add some cinnamon in your coffee, too. It adds a bit of magic.

A simple homemade brunch for two. I like it.

I said it once and I'll say it again,
thank goodness for weekends.







15 comments:

  1. that looks SOOO good! and I love weekends at home! especially after many away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i LOVE joy the baker. i read that this bread recipe was her most popular. i can see why. it looks delish! i'm so glad you had a lazy weekend. we all need them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh that looks PHENOMENAL - I saw your picture earlier but I just want to eat that right up!!! =) Glad your weekend was quaint + relaxing - those are the best kinds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that bread looks amazing! we always cook brunch one day on the weekend and it really, truly is heaven (better than any bowl of cereal!) and yes yes yes to the cinnamon in coffee - i started doing that near the holidays and i can't ever have coffee without it now. makes it so delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Noooo, the bread looks perfect! YUM. Next time, invite me over please. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brunch is the best! It's our favorite thing to do together on weekends. :) xo, e

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love brunch on the weekends! I have been wanting to make Joy's cinnamon pull apart bread ever since she posted it but have always been too intimated/nervous that it will flop! Yours looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank goodness for the weekend is right. I'm glad you were able to finally able to take a breather for a couple days. Your brunch looks lovely. I hope this weekend is just as relaxing. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. First of all, jealouse yall can go hiking any time you want! We have to leave Texas to find some hills :)

    Second, Laura, we have the SAME world market pattern in our kitchen! I have that same paisley pattern on my curtains and dish towels (the pattern from your table runner) and pretty much the same plates except mine are blue! This is too weird! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Matching kitchen prints! I love it! That one on the table is actually a dish towel as well. And curtains?? Why didn't I see those?? I want!

      Our hike was literally just through some woods in a nearby park. We don't have many hills either... Let alone mountains. It was still nice though!

      Delete
  10. weekends are the perfect thing for a brunch! this bread looks absolutely yummy and now i want to make it

    ReplyDelete
  11. YUM! That bread looks so good! And your dishes are so pretty :) Wish we were neighbors and could come by for coffee and that bread ;-).

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my, that bread looks amazing! Weekends with no plans are so perfect for at-home brunch. The fiance is out of town this weekend ... maybe I'll make that bread all for myself!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh gosh... that bread. I'm both mad and excited that you showed me that recipe! Here's to hoping I don't eat the whole loaf by myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness, that bread looks completely amazing! At-home weekends are perfect for brunch! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I ♥ to hear from my readers :)