March 30, 2012

Lovely things

I've run across a few things today that have just plain warmed my heart. There is a lot of junk on the internet that is not worth our time, nor is it good for our minds. But there is also a lot of wonderful-ness - genuine people with beautiful stories. Here a few of my recent faves:

a soldier's precious welcome home




Some inspiration on loving our husbands. I just met Nicole today on her blog The Neesby Lookbook, and she is just so cute and encouraging! I can't wait to get to know her more as I follow along with her blog. She has a blogger button that she created as a way to commit to loving our husbands and building them up whenever we can. How convicting! I know I do not do this enough so from now on I've decided to join in on some Hubs Lovin'! I am mainly going to work in this in real life (encouraging him and speaking highly of him to my friends), but don't be weirded out if I brag about my hubby on this blog. I'm his wife and I shouldn't be afraid to tell everyone how much I love him! I've also added the button to my blog's sidebar.

The Neesby Lookbook

Joy the Baker and her adorable, heart-warming personality. I've heard some buzz about her but never checked out her blog until this week, and I'm so glad I did! If you haven't yet, watch her video to get to know her and follow along to see all the wonderful things she bakes! She also recently published her own cookbook and I'm just dying to have it. Too bad my birthday just passed... I like random presents too! hint hint...


Running across the recipe for a beautiful Strawberry Brown Butter Banana Bread. Doesn't it just look delectable? I can't wait to try this.



There you have it! A collection of this week's findings that have warmed my heart and just gotten me excited about life. I feel encouraged and ready for the weekend. I certainly hope you do too. Happy Friday!


P.S. I just added a "pin it" button button to my blog. It's right at the bottom of the post and if you click it, you can "pin" to Pinterest whatever you want from the blog post you are reading. So if you see a recipe or a craft on here that you like, pin it and share the idea! I thought I would also share the link that showed me how to do it so you can add it to your blog too! :)

8 comments:

  1. thanks for adding the link for the pinterest pin! i was just wondering how to do that like an hour ago!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are welcome! I thought it was so cool and thought other bloggers would want it! ;)

      Delete
  2. I just discovered joy the baker too. so many wonderful recipes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! she loves to do some really out-of-the-box things, like putting soy sauce in cookies. I'm so excited to try her recipes!

      Delete
  3. love the post about loving husbands! and that bread looks delicious!! AND thank you for your VERY sweet comments on my blog today - SO appreciated Laura! : ) hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. aw you are a dear. thanks for the encouraging shout out.

    i hope you have such an amazing weekend.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have to get the Joy the Baker cookbook! I've been following Joy the Baker for a while now and LOVE her. And her cookbook is AMAZING! It's one of the rare cookbooks that I actually want to try all of the recipes!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I ♥ to hear from my readers :)