March 29, 2012

Crescent Roll Breakfast Casserole

The other day I posted about my girls weekend, and how we had this casserole for breakfast:


It was truly delicious and I knew I needed to share it with you! I made it Thursday night, froze it, and then it thawed on the 4-hr drive up to Blacksburg (since it was frozen, it remained cold and I didn't have to bother with a cooler). I put it in the fridge overnight and then took it out as soon as I woke up, so it would warm a little before baking. This worked really well and made it so easy not to have to worry about cooking anything that morning! That just gave us more time for talking over coffee :)

Crescent Roll Breakfast Casserole

1 can crescent rolls
1 lb. sausage (I used turkey breakfast sausage)
1 small onion, chopped
1 green or red bell pepper, chopped
8 eggs
1 cup milk
salt and pepper to taste
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 375. Brown sausage and onion; drain if necessary (my turkey sausage didn't really have any grease to drain). Spray/grease a 9x13 pan and lay down the crescent roll flat on the bottom (leaving all triangles intact). Layer sausage and onion mixture on top. Add chopped bell pepper (if you'd prefer not to have crunchy bell pepper, saute these with the onion and sausage in the first step). Layer the cheddar on top. In a separate bowl, beat eggs, adding milk and salt and pepper. Pour the egg mixture over meat and cheese. Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until bubbly.

adapted from: Pearls, Handcuffs, and Happy Hour, found on Pinterest

2 comments:

  1. uh this looks amazing. and I can take the cheese out of it (because I'm wierd about cheese). you're on to something with this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that looks really good. i love crescent rolls :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I ♥ to hear from my readers :)