November 13, 2012

Lately



I saw this idea on Annie's blog Turning Pages last week, and thought I'd try it out (AKA I'm totally copying her). Here's what I've been up to lately.

Listening... to Taylor Swift's new album Red. Seriously love it. Particularly songs "I knew you were trouble" and "The Last Time." Also, Christmas music. Yep, it's started!

Watching... Homeland!! SO GOOD. And of course Modern Family, Parks & Rec, and The Office.

Eating... Cheeseburger Pie for dinner last night and lunch today. Mmm mm good. Also apple crisp pie and apple muffins.

Drinking... spiked apple cider. Yes, I'm kind of on an apple kick!

Pining... after Young House Love's new book. I'm dying to browse through all those DIY projects!

Traveling... Claytor Lake in Virginia for a girls weekend a few weeks ago, Charlottesville, VA to go apple picking, Greenville, SC for my grandpa's 80th birthday party, and soon we're off to Charlotte, NC for Thanksgiving!

Wearing... lots of scarves and sweaters, gray skinnies, and Essie's "She's Pampered" on my fingernails (which is more of a deep red than the website shows).

Needing... new running shoes. I really need to go get an evaluation done at a running store to find out the best shoe for me. I have never done this, and since I've been running consistently lately, I think it's time!

Inspired...  by this amazing glitter garland. I can't wait to do something similar for my Christmas decor, once I get it all out after Thanksgiving.

Feeling... thankful and excited about my new promotion at work. It kind of just fell into my lap and I'm so grateful to be trying something new and to have more responsibility. Plus, a raise ain't bad either! I'll be starting after Thanksgiving, and I can't wait.

Enjoying... adulthood. I feel like I'm finally where I'm supposed to be and I'm loving this stage of life. I'm content and happy where I am, and that's a glorious feeling.


* image via Fine Art by Di, who happens to be my mother-in-law!

16 comments:

  1. Hi Laura, I am a new follower and a new blogger. I really like this post. I am now craving apple crisp pie :) Also I like the glitter garland too...I think I will try to do something like this too. Congrats on your promotion at work!!!

    Sky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sky! And thank you for following! I'm off to check out your blog now :)

      Delete
  2. yeah for your promotion at work!! and I am loving wearing scarves too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard so many good things about Homeland, it might be time to add it to my TV list. :) Congrats on the new promotion!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dearest Laura,
    A) Your cheeseburger pie always looks deeeelicious!
    B) I'm OBSESSED with scarves this season. More than usual - absolutely love :)
    C) CONGRATULATIONS on your new promotion
    D) I'm so happy for you for your feelings of being in a great place personally :) yay for you, lady! You're such a great person and I'm genuinely happy for your happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this idea! What an awesome idea for a post... I might copy it as well. :)
    And that glitter garland is very cute!

    Amy
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. man i loved this - especially that last tidbit! that is the feeling! and again - congrats on your promotion, that is the best. it feel into your lap rather than others because of your hard work - you should be proud!

    also - yes, yes and yes to your tv shows. although i haven't started homeland yet, but i think i need to.
    spiked apple cider sounds...really good. i'm about to go buy some bourbon for a dish i want to make - i think i know what i'll do with the leftover bourbon ;)
    lastly - for the running shoes. when you go buy a new pair and do the whole see what they recommend bring in your old pair of shoes, too. they should be able to see from the tread what your gait is like. always helps me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a fun idea! :D Maybe I'll have copy you copying Annie sometime ;)

    xo
    summer

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad to hear that you've been enjoying this stage of life - I have been feeling the same way lately! I feel really settled into our life and routine here, and I'm so thankful that I'm enjoying it so much! This was a good idea for a post... I'm going to borrow/steal it sometime :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Since you have Anne of Green Gables on your night stand, I think we're destined to be bosom friends!

    Also, congratulations on a promotion!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on your promotion. :) I adore Modern Family. Sofia Vergara is hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  11. YES to Homeland. It's suuuch a good one!

    Love the sound of everything you're wearing. I am loving scarves too lately.

    Also, I seriously love that last part. I'm loving adulthood, too!

    (and thanks for linking to my glitter garland!! :)

    XO!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this little round up! So many things to love... I just bought new Brooks (after a running shoe evaluation, so helpful) and I'm loving them! You should definitely get some new kicks- it makes you feel inspired to run! Well, it makes ME feel inspired to run : ) Also, congrats on the promotion! That's awesome! PS. LOVE Anne of Green Gables... it was one of my favorites growing up : )

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am listening and watching the same things!! Those are my favorite songs off Taylors album and Holy Ground!

    ReplyDelete
  14. cute idea! oooh, spiked apple cider. yum.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That glitter garland looks so cool!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I ♥ to hear from my readers :)