November 29, 2012

Thanskgiving


Is anyone else completely wiped from the holiday weekend? This week has been a little rough getting back into the swing of things after our long weekend. We spent Thanksgiving with Michael's family and had such a fun time! We packed in a lot of activity, and a lot of eating. Thursday, instead of doing the usual Thanksgiving traditions, Michael's parents took us hiking to Crowders Mountain. It felt so great to be in the mountains again! Down here in the South the leaves are still falling, so it was a gorgeous hike and we had such a relaxing day taking it easy. While the rest of the family was celebrating with in-laws, the four of us ate our Thanksgiving dinner at McCormick and Schmick's, which was quite delicious and took zero time in the kitchen. It was the most relaxing Thanksgiving ever.

Friday was our day with the whole family, so that's when the big meal commenced! There was turkey, stuffing, sweet potatoes, cornbread casserole, and Michael's famous mashed potatoes. And when our full bellies allowed us, we topped it off with apple pie, Tarheel pie, and pumpkin cheesecake. All of it was amazing!

The rest of the weekend we played with our niece and nephews, celebrated birthdays, and soaked up our time with family. I'm so thankful for long holiday weekends! Especially Thanksgiving, because when it's over it's CHRISTMAS SEASON!

5 comments:

  1. Aww this looks absolutely wonderful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so many things to say! one - what in sam hill is tar heel pie?! second - one time we did a thanksgiving at a restaurant and it was really nice. just like a break from it all - and my mom was so happy. every now and then, breaking tradition isn't so bad. third - love your striped shirt, LOVE your funny faces (i think you have a serious talent) and, in one picture, i can't tell, but are you wearing a hot pink garter over your jeans? i'm just confused. and if you are please explain yourself because it looks worthy of a story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok first of all, Tarheel pie is like a chocolate pie (maybe you've heard of chocolate chess pie?) and it's called Tarheel pie because of UNC :)

      Secondly, I am not wearing a pink garter haha. It is a headband my niece was wearing and for some reason it's resting on my knee in this photo. Now I'm thinking I should have cropped the photo because it looks awkward...

      Delete
  3. haha ok I just saw Colleen's question about the pink garter and I was wondering the same thing! I'm glad you had such a great Thanksgiving! Having Thanksgiving at a restaurant does sound really relaxing. I would be down for no clean-up! And I love your shirt! Is that one you scored from the jcrew factory sale? I had my eye on it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun/intense weekend! I agree with Colleen, Thanksgiving is great and all, but every once and a while it would be nice to buck tradition, go hiking, and have someone else make you dinner :) Glad you had a great time with your family.

    (And thanks for explaining Tarheel pie. I was in the dark too!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I ♥ to hear from my readers :)