December 31, 2012

My new toy


We kind of splurged on ourselves this Christmas: we got a Canon Rebel T3i! I haven't been this excited about a Christmas gift in a long time. I've only used a simple point-and-shoot, so this is quite an upgrade. I've already had so much fun taking photos and practicing different settings and functions. It is a little intimidating. I definitely feel like an amateur and my photos are not stellar yet. But it's awesome to have such a nice camera that most of the pictures turn out great because of the quality of the lens! It will be a while before I get experienced, but here is a peek at what I've been photographing since I opened the box.

some fun Christmas presents

my favorite niece (for now!)

handsome man

oh, the lights!

Charlotte skyline

a neighborhood walk

my beautiful sister

10 comments:

  1. yaaaaaay lucky duck you :) Can't wait to see your photography skills develop & all the excitement you'll inevitably capture!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so jealous!!! i have had my eye on getting one of these for awhile, i really need to bite the bullet. and those other gifts (the books!) looks pretty darn nice too. you must have been good this year :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh yayy! I got a new camera a few years ago and it has been the best. present. ever. enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing!! Glad to hear that you love it too!

      Delete
  4. Yay! That's awesome! I'm sure you will be a pro in no time :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooray! I am so excited about this.

    I am still learning the ins and outs of mine all the time. I adore having one (mines a Nikon)... and I know you will too!

    Have fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. P.S. Your sister really is so beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the new camera!! I have loved learning about photography the past couple years and I'm sure you will too. It's so fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome camera! I think you're doing a fine job so far taking these beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I ♥ to hear from my readers :)