December 28, 2012

Merry Christmas!


I realize that Christmas day has technically passed already, but in my mind it's still Christmas season! We had a lovely long weekend visiting with my in-laws. Lots of good food, good conversation, and a few little kids running through the house. It was the first time we had done Christmas morning together at Michael's parents' house, so it was really special for me to be a part of their traditions and celebrate with them. We also went to a Christmas caroling party, complete with a full band and a woman who played the piano and the accordion at the same time!


After Christmas we headed home to welcome my family for a couple nights at our place! We didn't technically "host Christmas" but it was fun to have all of them come stay with us, now that we have a place big enough to fit everyone (my brother was on the couch, but I don't think he minded too much). We still opened presents, my mom gave us stockings, and we had our traditional sausage strata and cinnamon rolls for breakfast, so it felt Christmasy enough. We also fit a Les Mis showing and some Cheesecake Factory in there, which were some extra Christmas gifts in themselves!


It's been a wonderful Christmas and I'm starting to get sad it's almost over. But we've still got a big bright new year ahead of us! That's something to be excited about. Am I right? I hope you're still enjoying a wonderful Christmas with your loved ones!

3 comments:

  1. your christmas sounds wonderful! i like the idea of having "two christmases". i am always up for any excuse to open gifts and eat yummy food. am i right? :-) happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas! Sounds like you had a wonderful few days with both of your families. That cheesecake looks amazing! I hope you enjoyed Les Mis. I've heard mixed reviews but still think it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. girl we have the same food minds - sausage strata, cinnamon rolls then cheesecake factory? yes, please. so glad you got to spend so much quality time with all of your family, it makes the holidays so much more full and wonderful. merry merry merry christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I ♥ to hear from my readers :)