January 11, 2013

Georgetown + Jefferson

After the wedding weekend, Michael and I got the chance to explore Georgetown a bit. We had a day date of sorts, and it was wonderful! We brunched at a cute little place called Le Pain Quotidien, which was so authentically French. I loved it. They served us coffee in little pots, and it was easily the best coffee I've ever had in my life, not exaggerating. My spinach and goat cheese frittata was equally tasty. After walking around the neighborhoods a bit & picking up two Georgetown cupcakes to go, we hopped in the car and headed over to a monument that we haven't explored yet together: the Thomas Jefferson Memorial. It's on the other side of the tidal basin from the main stretch of monuments and the Smithsonian, so it's easily missed when you're doing a walking tour (you can see it from the highway though!). It was beautiful! We walked around taking pictures with the new SLR and enjoyed our cupcakes on the steps. Things like this make me miss living near DC. Although it's so nice to come home to Raleigh where everything is much less crowded and the drivers are nicer!

Until we meet again, DC. You'll always have a special place in my heart.












Note: Some of these photos look majorly edited, but I didn't really do much editing at all. The lighting was just really weird that day! Bright blue skies and gray clouds. Such a strange & unique contrast.

8 comments:

  1. great photos - looks like y'all are getting the hang of things pretty quickly! the picture of the capitol is fantastic, and i love the first one of the columns

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know i love dc too - i took prom pictures at the jefferson memorial...ahhh, memories. i'm loving getting to see all the pictures from your new camera. you look gorgeous in all these photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty photos! Looks like a fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. DC is so fun! I'm glad you guys enjoyed your "day date" there :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pictures look like a postcard. Absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i took a weekend trip to DC with my roommate a few months back. we had a blast, too! it's such a fun city, but i do agree that it's nice to come back to raleigh/durham where there isn't as much congestion. how were the cupcakes??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Umm amazing. Seriously, they have been hyped up so much I didn't think they would live up to my expectations but they really were good!!

      Delete

Thanks for commenting! I ♥ to hear from my readers :)