January 18, 2013

A glance at 2012

It's January 18th. It seems like now is an appropriate time to review some posts from 2012. Shall we?

+ In 2012, I posted 83 times. Not as much as 2011, but that's okay. I accomplished almost all of my goals for 2012, which I am pretty proud of.

+ I experimented a bit in the kitchen, when I made chicken with leeks, homemade bread, and peanut butter chocolate cheesecake. There were also some classics like apple crisp pie, strawberry bread, crescent roll breakfast casserole, grasshopper pie, and turkey meatloaf.

+ I shared some ways to save money at some of my favorite places, like Starbucks and Target.

+ DIY ventures were not really on high priority this year. But I did do some little projects, like a hidden cabinet cork board, handmade valentines, our annual photo album, and laundry detergent. (Technically the bathroom wallpaper project was a 2012 endeavor, but I didn't blog it until 2013 so she gets the point. Sorry, 2012.)

+ I posted some things about life, like learning to serve my husband, some random facts about me, and being intentional.

+ We moved across town (still renting), and I've shown you a few rooms in our new place: kitchen, living room, & bedroom. I probably should show you more in 2013!

+ We traveled a lot in 2012. Our cruise was the big one! We also went to the beach in Carolina and Florida, Blacksburg, Beaufort, SC, and apple picking in Charlottesville.


I think I sort of took on a different blogging style this past year. I definitely shared more life stuff & day-to-day activities than I did in my first year of blogging. Less homey things, more me. I'm curious to see if this blog will grow in the next year and how it will change. I don't really have a set plan in my mind, so we'll see what happens.

And of course, thank you for following along with me, readers! I have loved getting to know you all in this little world of blogging. It truly has been so fun and I don't think I would still be blogging if it weren't for you! I love following along with your blogs, the comments you leave me, and the friendships we've started.

Here's to another year in the blogosphere!

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great 2012! I am so happy to have found your blog and started following along this year. I look forward to seeing where it (and life) takes you in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm glad you've shared more you on your blog!! i love getting to know you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. me too! so glad i discovered your blog in 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've really enjoyed your blog, and you've encouraged me to post more personal things instead of projects/recipes/etc. Looking forward to another year of getting to know you better :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A wonderful year in 2012 for you! So glad I have had the opportunity to get to know you a little better through your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I ♥ to hear from my readers :)