March 18, 2013

A weekend at the beach

I've been quiet here on the blog front lately. Not really sure why, but I felt like I needed the time off so I took it. And it was great. I'm excited to jump back on board!

This past weekend we spent down at Ocean Isle Beach. For the first time, Michael and I had his parents' condo all to ourselves, and it was incredible. Just what we needed, in fact. I certainly do wish that weekends were longer than 2 days! Friday night started off a little rough. First with not knowing where we put our keys to the condo, and then my little Prius had some car trouble just after we had really gotten going on our drive. So we turned around, drove home, re-packed all of our stuff into Michael's car and set out a little bit later than we intended. We decided to make the best of it and not let it ruin our weekend. It didn't really. We missed out on maybe a couple hours of hanging out at the condo on Friday night, since we didn't arrive until 1 am (!!) but we were so glad we decided to go anyway. We spent the weekend sleeping in, eating delicious brunch, walking on the beach, bike riding around the island, reading, eating pizza on the couch and watching a movie, and of course more beach walking. The weather was GORGEOUS - 70s and sunny, with some strong gusts of wind here and there. It was relaxing, refreshing, and I got some much needed quality time with my man. Seriously, the perfect weekend. We finished it off with lunch in Wilmington on our drive back, at the cutest ever cafe right on the water. Sometimes weekends are packed full of fun activities, sometimes they are simple and relaxing, and sometimes we get lucky and they are both. This weekend we got lucky!










10 comments:

  1. this sounds so relaxing! it makes such a difference when you can get away with JUST your hubby, and not have much on the agenda. :) great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh I love this post. Everything about this weekend sounds wonderful (minus the car trouble!)... glad you guys had such a nice time.

    And that town does look super cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anna! It really is the best place... the quietest and quaintest beach!

      Delete
  3. What a great weekend! I'm glad to hear you had a fun time (after a few initial detours). Your pictures are looking great! That new camera is doing a wonderful job :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks Melissa! I'm still totally an amateur - it's easy to take good pictures with a nice camera. I need to start practicing more and getting to know my camera better. But thank you! Seriously, means a lot ;)

      Delete
  4. i love your weekend! i am so glad just the two of you got to get away and spend some quality time together. i love weekends that are the perfect mix of activity and relaxation-sounds like this was it! (also, that striped hoodie you are wearing is so stinking cute!) yay for free beach condos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice pictures I just discovered your blog todday but I have to say you looks reaally great together!!!

    http://beautybubblesinyourlife.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your beach photos!! How fun :) I can see now which restaurant you're talking about in Wilmington - I haven't been there, but it looks like so much fun! What a special weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All of these pictures are so pretty! I especially love that one of the shell in the sand - it could be a picture on the wall! Glad you were able to have a weekend away just the two of you. Sometimes that's just exactly what you need!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I ♥ to hear from my readers :)