January 18, 2014

Home tour: part 1

So I finally took some time to snap some photos of our house this morning! This tour is just of the first level, and I'll do the upstairs in another post. There are a lot things we still want to do, but I wanted to get a snapshot view of things as they are right now. We want to buy a big sectional couch for the living room, so that is going to change things a lot. We are still looking to try to figure out exactly what we want but I'm hoping to pick one out soon. I'll have to post updates as things evolve! (Confession: I actually made some changes in the kitchen and dining room today after taking these photos, so I'll have to share those with you soon!)



So the floors are actually not hardwood, but they are some type of laminate (like Pergo). It's not exactly what I was hoping for when we bought our place, but they are way better than stained carpet or something. Maybe one day we'll get to replace them with real hardwood! For now they at least look pretty and they're way easier to keep clean than carpet. My one complaint is that when I walk on them they sound like plastic!


The dining room with the back door out to a small patio...
apparently I still have picture frames to put up on the walls - oops!


Photo bomb!


Walking into the kitchen from the living room 


I just love how big this pass-through is to the dining room. It makes everything feel so open!


We have a crazy amount of Christmas cards from friends and family and I can't bring myself to take them down yet... even if it looks a bit cluttered!


These open shelves are one of the first things we did when we moved in, because I needed some extra kitchen storage. And they're probably still my favorite thing that we've added to the house!


So that's our home! We absolutely love the layout and we're so happy that we bought this place. Stay tuned for part 2!

12 comments:

  1. love getting a peek inside! it looks really great. i love all the pops of color and your gallery wall looks very, very cool. i've been considering some shelves for my room. maybe the ones you have would be fun to add? hmmm. you got me thinking. looks great! thanks for the tour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love everything! Love the drapes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Kimberly! after searching high and low for just the right curtains, I found these at Target online of all places! I love them too!

      Delete
  3. Love this Laura! You've done an amazing job! I'm so jealous of how open the space is - and I love the rug in the living room and the blue entry way table. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yaaay I got so excited when I saw the title of this post! I love everything!! The layout is so great - the kitchen is way bigger than you'd think it is, and there's so many nice little touches, like the opening on the wall going up to the staircase. No wonder you jumped on the house! I could comment on everything, but I think my favorite thing is the chair with the black & white pillow in the corner of the LR - looks so sleek!! Also, a sectional would be great in there! Fun, fun :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Sydni!! you are too sweet! we are in love with the layout too!

      Delete
  5. love the entryway, and your blue carpet and open kitchen shelving. your place is so big...that kitchen...sigh. a little envious for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Laura, it's gorgeous!!! I honestly dream of having a kitchen that large. I love that it overlooks the living room. It makes it feel much more open and spacious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have a beautiful home! I love it! And I especially love the rug in your living room! It's so pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks great already! You've done a great job. It looks so grown up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your house! It looks so inviting and cozy, which really makes it a home :) I agree with Sydni - my favorite thing is the chair in the corner with the awesome pillow!! I kind of want to buy those pillow covers for myself :) I also really like the shelves you added in the kitchen. They do add so much (and are so practical!), but it was such a simple add! You've done a great job with your home. I'm excited to see upstairs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I ♥ to hear from my readers :)