January 22, 2014

I am a warm weather person.


This weekend we are heading to Beech Mountain like we do every year with Michael's family. We get to stay at a beautiful mountain house overlooking a (usually) snowy valley, play in the snow, sometimes go skiing. And every year I have to convince myself that it's going to be fun. I have to "gear myself up" for it, in a sense. I don't like cold weather. I hate being bundled from head to toe to the point where I can't breathe or walk. This is probably due to the fact that I feel like I never have the right gear for it and always end up with cold, wet extremities. I don't like driving up the mountain in our little Prius when the roads are slick. I had a bad experience skiing once, and while I've had some good ones since then, it's still not my favorite thing. I'd rather sit by the fire drinking coffee and reading a book.



Of course I always have fun once we're there. We get up in the morning, eat a filling breakfast, and then head out into the snow. And I have fun playing, really I do. I like making snow men, I like sledding, and I always feel the good kind of tired at the end of the day, like I've really earned my dinner.

But I have to convince myself to like it. It doesn't come naturally. I looked up the weather for this weekend, and when I saw the high on Saturday is supposed to be 32, I cringed and told Michael I didn't want to go. I know how pathetic this sounds.

So the next couple days will be spent telling myself that I will have fun in the snow this weekend. We will go to the mountains and we will have FUN.

Are you a cold weather or warm weather person?

3 comments:

  1. Ha! As I type it's -5 degrees - and that's not even real feel! It was 32 over the weekend and all I wore was a light jacket! :) You can do it - and you're right, it's always worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Warm weather all the way!!! But it's about making fun memories! :) Worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i feel the exact same way about summer! i loathe north carolina summers because, to me, they are unbearable. i tell myself "this summer will be different!" but it never is. that dang humidity really gets to me in a bad, bad way. during the summertime, you will find me submerged in my pool. i hope you manage to have fun in the snow. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I ♥ to hear from my readers :)