March 20, 2013

Five things


This little thing is going 'round and 'round on the internet. Lacey tagged me in her five things post, so I'm going to follow suit and tell you five things about me!

1. I am an extremely heavy sleeper. I have been known to sleep right through alarms I've set for myself, people bustling around getting ready in the same room, fire alarms, thunderstorms, and screaming children. [I'm really banking on motherly instincts kicking in when I have kids, because I really am worried that I won't hear them cry in the middle of the night.] This does not mean, however, that I can sleep anywhere and everywhere. It takes me a long time to fall asleep and I usually need it to be pretty quiet and dark to do so. It's only once I'm actually asleep that I'm able to zone out of all and any noise. For this reason I rarely nap. It just takes too long to get going and I usually fall into deep sleep so I end up sleeping for 2-3 hours. Not really practical.

2. I lived in Colorado Springs when I was little for a couple years. You could see Pike's Peak from our house! The sad thing is I haven't been back since we moved when I was four. I've heard so many good things about the Rockies and Denver and skiing on fresh Colorado powder, but I have yet to experience it as an adult. I'm hoping that will change in the future.

3. Recently I have been really into taking baths. I take at least one a week and read a book or browse blogs on my phone while I'm relaxing in the warmth. It's my happy place!

4. I am pretty short - 5'2" to be exact! Can anyone tell this from my pictures? Everyone I've ever known obviously knows that I am short and small, but it just occurred to me that my blogger friends may not since we have never met in real life.

5. Michael claims that I "tricked him" into believing I was a football fan while we were dating. Then when we got married my love for football disappeared. He says he really thought his wife would be his loyal sports watching buddy! Here's my side of the story: We fell in love while in college and the entire campus was all about football. You couldn't NOT be into it. I still do love going to games, but I'm not going to check stats, follow the players, or watch every single game on TV. To be fair, I don't think I ever did that while we were in college, so there was no trickery going on there. But I still think it's funny - sort of sad, but mostly funny - that I crushed his dream of having a wife who was just as much into sports as he was. I'm pretty sure that's every guy's fantasy, but rarely the reality.


a little height reference and proof that I do indeed enjoy football games:



Now I tag Rach, Jillian, and Erin! Go!

7 comments:

  1. i'm jealous that you're a heavy sleeper! I'm one of the lightest sleepers ever!! and I need to take some baths - that sounds so nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun list!

    #5 seriously made me laugh! I can imagine you and your temptress ways luring him in with your fake sports love :) Guys are hilarious like that.

    I'm just shy of 5'2" myself! Shorties unite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am exactly the same as you in regards to being a heavy sleeper - I sleep through everything (except VT fire alarms...all other fire alarms I do). I totally worry about having a baby one day. I've heard it will all change though.

    You HAVE to go back to Colorado!! I didn't know that you used to live there. Whit and I would love to live there one day. It's a great place.

    Also I am getting ready to take a bath, haha. They're so relaxing!

    Thanks for sharing about yourself :) I love these fun fact posts

    ReplyDelete
  4. i got tagged in this by anna and i need to do it. i love stuff like this.

    1. i ALSO am a heavy sleeper (and also worry about my future babes. sorry kids!) however, i can also fall asleep at any moment, anywhere. i have fallen asleep standing up on elevators when i used to work 100 hours a week. it was...embarrassing to say the least. but in general i like that trait.

    2. i really can't tell that you're 5'2'' - but the picture helps :)

    you know what i would love to hear one day? your love story with michael. i just love love stories. but maybe i've been in the mood for them lately haha ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahaha you "tricked" him good! i like watching sports, too, but i don't go out of my way to find a game to watch. if it's on, i like to watch it with friends, but i don't really know what's going on in the sports world. also, i have the same sleeping habits. it takes me a long time to fall asleep (naps are few and far between), but i'm a pretty solid sleeper when i do finally doze off. nice list! thanks for playing along. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha! I wonder sometimes if my blog friends know how tall I am, too! I'm 5'8 which is tall for a girl, but only every now and then can you really tell in pictures (unless you know how tall all my friends are too). :) For example, the picture of me with my sister in my last post... she is actually nearly 6 feet tall and ducking down to be closer to my level, but there's really no way to tell from that picture how tall we are. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I imagined you taller. Ha, you're as short as I am!

    I love reading these. Great to know a little bit more about you! Thanks for the tag, girl!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I ♥ to hear from my readers :)