October 3, 2012

Thankful!

Okay, so I know it's been a while since I posted anything here. Lately I just can't get my act together and I've found that I've been desiring to do other things than sit in front of a computer and write. Not sure why, but I'm telling myself that it's okay. People and life are more important than the internet. Going outside and taking in the beautiful sunsets and crisp air is what I need right now. Connecting with friends & my husband is what I need right now. Spending time with Jesus is what I really need right now. And that's all okay.

At some point I'll get around to finishing our home tour. Don't think for a second that I've forgotten! You know you still want to peek in our kitchen, back patio, office, and guest bedroom. You just might have to be a little more patient though, as living life takes priority over blogging about life [sorry I'm not sorry].


Some things I've recently been thankful for:

+ Spending time with family. I got to see my mom and sister 2 weekends in a row! That's something special.


+ A college football game that gave me an opportunity to reconnect with college friends


+ Little reminders of God's promises, like this beauty that showed up last night


 ... and sunsets like these that keep happening just outside my kitchen window


Life sure is beautiful, isn't it?

11 comments:

  1. love this post!! that is most definitely okay to take a break and enjoy those things! good for you! and great pictures - what a good one of you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to admit, I've had some of those days lately as well. Especially being on vacation ... I could just stare off into space for hours. I agree that it is so important to remember what is really important. :) Loooove that last photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it sure is! i loved the into to this post (and that you're sorry that you're not sorry!) so glad you've been able to reconnect with so many people who are important to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Life IS beautiful! I love this! So glad you have been so blessed lately. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So true! I've been blogging less lately, too. I've had a few busy weeks of engagements in the evenings, and connecting with people and getting involved in our church is more important than blogging. So that's what I've been doing :) And that last picture of the sunset is gorgeous! I love that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so true girlfriend. Many things in life are just more important. And you owe yourself no apologies :-).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stopping by from the blog hop! Love your sweet little blog! I am your newest follower! Stop by and say hi!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. new follower here :) just found your blog through the GFC hop and had to become a new follower :D

    love all of your pics, they're beautiful :):) please come check out my blog and follow along if you like what you see

    http://braceface87.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. New follower from the blog hop. Your picture at sunset is just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. found you from the blog hop! trust me i know what you mean when sometimes you just dont want to be in front of the computer! i have been trying to take a little break from it myself lately :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thos last two photos are beautiful! I haven't seen a rainbow in a long time - they're such a rarity.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I ♥ to hear from my readers :)