October 18, 2012

Scenes of Fall



You guys, fall has come in full swing. And I love it! Last year I felt like we almost didn't get a fall. It was so warm here in NC all the way through November, and it didn't even get that cold all winter. I hardly got to wear my favorite sweaters. But this year... this year has been wonderful already. We have crisp, cool days & evenings. The leaves are already starting to change. It's made me feel right about putting my wreath on the door and decorating my house with pumpkins. And that I have! I also made a batch of these earlier this week. At last, we have a real autumn season.


To continue with the spirit of fall, last night my friends and I got together to carve pumpkins and eat pumpkin cookies. I think I have maybe carved a pumpkin only one other time in my life. It was so much more fun than I imagined! I wonder why I haven't done this every year? We had such a fun night! I am so thankful for these ladies!


I thought we had such a fun array of designs. Everyone's was so different!

Now my mouth is already watering for Thanksgiving food. What have you done to celebrate fall?

5 comments:

  1. So much cuteness! Love your fall decorations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yup my home pretty much as A mini pumpkin up for fall decorations right now. i need to get my butt into gear before it is time to put up the christmas decorations

    ReplyDelete
  3. your house is so cute! I hope I get to go to the pumpkin patch this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i, too, have never craved many pumpkins and i loved all your pictures (and the designs!) from last night. to celebrate fall i have been wearing scarves and sweaters and i also made pumpkin muffins. and basically just wait for christmas haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pumpkins turned out so cute! I swear every time I carve one, I get way too ambitious and it ends up looking awful. You would have had to crop mine out of your gorgeous lineup :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I ♥ to hear from my readers :)