March 22, 2012

Inspiration

I've been having a lot of fun with some design inspiration lately. Back in February, my friend Blythe gave me this amazing book for my birthday. It seriously is one of the best gifts I've ever gotten! Are you infatuated with Design*Sponge like I am? If not, you should be! There's nothing I love more than perusing unique DIY projects or looking at some awesome Before+Afters. I love that the homes they reveal on this blog are all so different and anti-mainstream. It's opened my mind up to realize there are so many other facets of design than just the rustic + clean Pottery Barn look (which we all LOVE, but do we all really want all of our houses looking the same?). Having all of this wrapped up in a book is simply amazing!

We are actually planning on moving this summer when our lease is up, so you can guess that I am SO excited to decorate a new space (impatient is probably the better word)! The next few months are going to be full of driving around neighborhoods to figure out exactly where we want to be, and hopefully finding something with tons of character and charm within our price range. We are also still trying to weigh the options of renting or buying, which is obviously a bit stressful. Even if we rent, I WILL be painting the walls. I hate that I didn't do that when we moved into our apartment, because I've ended up living with blank white walls for two years. I'm ready for some splashes of color! Once we find our new home, I can't wait to show it to you and document the entire moving and decorating process! Get excited!

4 comments:

  1. that's exciting stuff! I'm working on a design project this weekend (I'm very ate at DIY so this is like a once in a blue moon thing) and the thought of decorating a home is so exciting (as long as its not a lot of DIY haha).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DIY is scary but it is fun! I definitely thrown out some projects that didn't really work out. But buying already pretty stuff can be fun too :)

      Delete
  2. Dying to get that book! I need it for my coffee table :) Good luck with your move. Decorating a new space is always so much fun because you have a fresh slate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited for you guys!! We've had so much fun looking at houses and trying to figure out what we want and where we want to live - it's SUCH a big decision! I am so ready to have a new space to PAINT and decorate exactly how I want! Caleb got me the Design*Sponge book as part of my V-day present and I haven't even looked at it yet! :( I've been so busy and I've been wanting to sit down and just enjoy it... I'm going to soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I ♥ to hear from my readers :)