March 18, 2012

Redecorating the hallway

So I'm a little embarrassed to admit this, but on March 18 my Christmas cards were still hanging up in my hallway...


I've been debating about what to do here for a long time, and I finally did something about it Sunday evening. I didn't have anything up here before the Christmas cards, so it felt silly to take those down and not put anything up on the huge bare wall, prolonging the procrastination. On the opposite wall, I had hung these wedding pictures pretty soon after we had moved into this apartment.


I bought a couple wall hangings at Jo-Ann Fabrics about a month ago, and have been trying to figure out what to do with them. I switched things up a bit, and here is what my hallway now looks like!




My view from the kitchen sink



Despite the hallway being so white and bland, I feel like it looks so much more together now! The larger picture frames fit the bigger wall space better than the smaller square pictures. While I love looking at photos of our wedding, it's also nice to switch things around so I have a different view when I wash dishes. Maybe one day I'll be looking at real flowers out of a window above the kitchen sink!

Did you switch anything around in your home this weekend?

5 comments:

  1. I had the same problem when I took down all my Christmas decorations! I realized I didn't really have any other kind of decorations. It looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it looks really good how you changed it! I find hallways really hard to decorate...it's so much empty space but it's hard to know what size to hang to fill it up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. those look so good! and don't feel too bad - i just took down two little snowman I still had out and finally put out some spring decorations this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved your spring decorations! that does make me feel better that you had to take down snowmen to put them up :)

      Delete
  4. i couldn't respond to your comment by email because it must be set to not reply. but wanted to tell you that i got the yellow target flats last spring. I will let you know if I see them again!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I ♥ to hear from my readers :)