February 13, 2012

Handmade Valentines

I don't normally make Valentines, but this year I just had the urge to craft some up! I made some simple notecards out of white cardstock and scrapbook paper. I was so happy with the way they turned out!



 What you need to make your own Valentines:
8.5x11" sheets of cardstock paper
scrapbook paper, different patterns of pinks and reds
paper cutter
scissors
double-sided adhesive stickers

Directions:
Cut cardstock paper in half using paper cutter. Fold each half in half to make two cards. Cut a square of scrapbook paper slightly smaller than the card to be the background. Stick on the card with the adhesive stickers. Cut out hearts in different sizes and then stick on background in a random pattern. Repeat for as many cards as you need.

I just played around with the scrapbook paper until I found matches that I liked. As you can tell, I liked the big heart and little heart design the best! You could fold the paper in half to cut out perfect hearts, but I liked how mine turned out asymmetrical. It had a more whimsical feel that matched the scrapbook paper!



These things make sticking paper together so easy!


I really could not live without my paper cutter. I am the worst at cutting straight lines! 


And the finished result...


Did you handmake anything for Valentine's Day this year? Do you hand out Valentines to friends, family, or coworkers?

3 comments:

  1. wow! that looks so good. i usually buy my valentine's day cards...i'm not really crafty (to say the least).

    ReplyDelete
  2. These turned out so pretty! I usually buy my valentine's day cards but this year I did make some! They were really simple, and I liked that for a change.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are really beautiful! Dare I even say Etsy beautiful! Good job!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I ♥ to hear from my readers :)