February 29, 2012

Lamp update

When we got married and moved into our apartment, we only bought two lamps, which are placed in our bedroom. The rest of the apartment is filled with hand-me-down lamps from our parents, for which we are so grateful. Lamps can be so expensive!

However, pretty much all of them are very dated. The large table lamp in our living room needed a new look.


You can see up close that the lampshade is pretty beat up.



It's one of those things that we set up when we moved in and I haven't thought much about it since, because something was there and it wasn't necessarily a problem or not functioning properly. Lately I started to notice it though and realized it was time I invested a little into it. I mean it was free, right? The least I could do is buy it a new shade.

I stumbled across this beauty at Target the other day and loved the modern box look. And I was okay with the $18 price tag, too.


Here it is on the lamp!



All lit up...


 I love the texture!



While I really love the lampshade, I am not totally sure it is the right lamp shade for this lamp base. So my question for y'all is, what do you think?

Do you like the modern shade with the dated lamp style?
Would you rather the base be spray-painted a fun color?
Or should I just buy an entirely new lamp base?

Please help me out! I would love to get feedback on this!

4 comments:

  1. i love old lamps, so i say stick with this one. and i really like the new lampshade, especially how the texture comes through when it's lit up. i would say you could paint it to have a pop of color (like turquiose or orange, a la tory burch), but a new coat of paint that is metallic (gold or silver), could look really great with that new shade.

    ReplyDelete
  2. spray paint! light blue/turquoise - something that coordinates with your pillows!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think just changing the shade made a huge difference! it looks much more modern now, so i don't even think you need to re-paint it...unless you want to of course

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes I've thought of spray painting it blue! I might just let it sit for awhile. I tend to do that :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I ♥ to hear from my readers :)