April 26, 2012

One month until bliss!

Lately I've been starting to think about all I need to do for an exciting trip we're taking in May. This will be our first true vacation together since our honeymoon almost two years ago (besides family trips), and I really can't wait! I think I'll hold off telling you where we're going until we get back (where of course I'll show pictures!). But I'll give you a hint - it's tropical :)

I picked up this bag at TJMaxx a couple weeks ago (for $12.99, woot woot!) and I wasn't totally sure about it at first but now I'm loving it. It will be perfect for toting around a towel, book, water bottle, etc. while we're vacationing in __________. Don't you love it??



I have running list of things we need to do to prepare:

update passport with my married name
stock up on supplies: sunscreen, toiletries, etc.
purchase a new swimsuit for myself and the hubs
maybe get a couple more fun summer dresses
decide on how much spending money we'll be bringing
book a hotel room for our 1-night layover
work on my base tan so I don't get completely fried
tone my legs and stomach by working out and eating healthy for the next month so I can look good in that swimsuit :)

I'm mainly just excited about getting there, so this list is basically just a way to trick myself into thinking that our time of departure is approaching faster! I'm also realizing that not having pets or children makes it so much easier to just pick up and go - I really need to savor this season of life!

What do you do to prepare for a vacation? Are you going anywhere fun this summer?

4 comments:

  1. what a cute bag! and so exciting you get to go on a sweet vacation!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like that bag - and so excited to hear where you're going! I leave for a big vacation in a month too - cant wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh gosh how i love tropical vacays ... and i feel like the new bag will make it even better. so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so excited to find out where you're going! I think that bag is really fun - perfect for a tropical vacay! I hope that you're going to Hawaii :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I ♥ to hear from my readers :)