April 5, 2012

Laundry + Laziness

pinned here

So I have to admit, I'm a bit lazy during the work week. The laundry piles up, the floor does not get vacuumed, and I'm doing well if I make it to the grocery store once. I have family coming in town for Easter, but for my day off on Good Friday I want to do something more fun than just playing catch-up on cleaning the apartment. So tonight I forced myself to fold the two loads of laundry that have been sitting in the baskets since the weekend. And, newsflash: it actually wasn't that bad! It only took me one episode of How I Met Your Mother (this is a great way to measure time I might add), and I got to laugh hysterically while doing so. Why do I allow myself to live with a mess for so long even though it doesn't take very long to clean it up?? I always picture it taking way longer than it actually does. I need to remind myself later that folding two loads of laundry only took me 30 minutes! [I think that if I had a laundry room like the one pictured above I would definitely be more inclined to spend time in there. Yes, of course that's my issue.]

I feel so much better getting all of that put away. If I wrap up my cleaning tomorrow night, I'll be able to sleep in on Friday and do some fun things instead of chores!


What sort of household chores do you put off just because you don't like doing them?
And do you have a pretty laundry room like the ones all over Pinterest?
If so, I want to see it!

4 comments:

  1. it's usually cleaning the bathroom. always the bathroom. sometimes I try to do one thing a day - dust one day, do a load another day, swiffer another day - to space it out and not stress. but if it builds up I just come home, put on some awesome tunes and get to work. and remind myself how much I love a clean apartment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I agree! That feeling is so nice and I try to remind myself of that when I don't want to do something! And a 1-task-per-night goal is a good way to break it up and still be able to spend some of the evening relaxing :)

      Delete
  2. I struggle with this too- but I started folding the laundry right as it comes out of the dryer and putting it in the basket. It seems to help a little bit, as we used to always have baskets of laundry sitting around for a week+

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know you had a blog! Excited to follow you :)

      I try to do that with my laundry as well... but I would say 86% of the time I leave it in the basket for a few days, or at least long enough to get some solid wrinkles in them :)

      I cannot post a comment on your posts for some reason but I really love that mantle you just got! what a neat idea for a place that doesn't have a fireplace. The mirror inside of it looks awesome!

      Delete

Thanks for commenting! I ♥ to hear from my readers :)