April 27, 2012

Friday's here!

Friday, I've been waiting for you all week. I'm so glad you're finally here!

This week has had its share of ups and downs. As far as the downs go, I've been PMSing like whoa (TMI? sorry guys) and the hubs has been having to deal with it (thanks sweetie!). He really is a keeper. But anywho... let's move on to the ups :)

1. Last Friday was date night. Like fancy date night. I wore a sexy black dress and high heels, curled my hair, and we were treated like royalty at the Angus Barn. It was so wonderful!


We got the Chateaubriand (the absolute best steak there is) and indulged on their famous Chocolate Chess Pie for dessert, warmed with vanilla ice cream of course. We took a tour of the wine cellar also, which is pretty famous and has won lots of awards. I feel like we are officially Raleigh-Durham locals now that we've finally been to Angus Barn!

2. Saturday we picked up some strawberries from the local strawberry patch. We were in a hurry so we just grabbed a few cartons instead of picking them ourselves, but boy were they good! They were totally already gone by Sunday.


3. While grocery shopping at Target, I had a buy-one-get-one-50%-off coupon for accessories, so I wandered over to the purses and jewelry. I just happened to stumble upon the most perfect spring/summer purse! I love the bright punch of red, and the colorful stripes inside just make me so happy! And it was on sale for $21! I picked up a pair of sunglasses for half off and called it a day. A happy day for sure.



4. I created a weekly prayer schedule. I feel like whenever I seriously want to pray, I get super overwhelmed about all the things there are to pray for, and then I just get stressed because I feel like there will never be enough time to pray about them all. So each day of the week has a designated thing or person to pray for, things like: family, my husband, our future kids, the world, my walk with God and my struggles, our church and small group, our friends. This will take a while to get good at - my goal is to pray throughout the day but so far I'm having a hard time remembering because I'm so absorbed in my own activities, so I guess there will be prayer for that as well! Thinking about the fact that I am able to have an intimate conversation with the God of this universe really puts it into perspective and reminds me not to take that for granted. This is going to be a great thing :)

5. As I said before, my husband is more patient with me than I deserve. I'm so lucky to have him as my partner in life! I had no idea when I walked down the aisle that marriage would be this hard... but I also had no idea how amazing and beautiful it would be too. The good by far outweighs the bad and I love Michael so much more now than I did on our wedding day! So, so thankful for him.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! :)


Linking up with Lauren From My Grey Desk
for High Five for Friday

12 comments:

  1. this was a sweet post. I love the red purse and I love a good fancy date night. it sounds and looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That purse is really cute. I love inside of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your target purse! those strawberries look delicious! and I really like your number 4. sometimes it is so overwhelming to think about all the things we need to pray about - I used to have a prayer schedule in college and should do it again - thanks for sharing that! and your number 5 is sweet - thank God for great husbands! have a wonderful weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that purse and those strawberries look amazing. I feel the same way, having been married for a little over a year. I am so glad that I have such a wonderful husband because even with a fantastic partner, marriage is the hardest (and best) thing Ive ever done. I guess, that will change when we have kids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg, thanks for stopping by my blog. I would love to see some of your workshop pics! I would love to link to your post if you blogged about it. Such a small world that you photographed us on our anniversary! Love that. If you have the chance, can you vote for my smashbox video? You can votev thru my blog post and also the again on Facebook, It ends tomorrow and I just slipped out if #1, I'd love to get it back. Have a great day! So glad we connected!

      Delete
    2. Haha I am actually not a photographer, although that would be awesome if I was! I just follow Katelyn's blog religiously and recognized you! I will definitely go vote for you though!! :)

      Delete
  5. I've already told you what great style you have (hee hee), but I also think it's wonderful how open and honest you are :) Nothing worthwhile in life is necessarily "easy," but I'm excited to hear that even if Nick & I have [inevitable] ups and downs in our future, we'll make it through just like you two! I can't wait to hear where you and Michael are going - I'm sure that vacation is MUCH deserved and [LONG] overdue! Happy weekend, girl !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are so sweet! hope you are enjoying your weekend :)

      Delete
  6. The prayer schedule is such a good idea. I feel like I'm always cycling through the same requests over and over and forgetting the same ones every time. :) That restaurant looks fantastic, if I'm ever in your area, I'm going to definitely have to check that out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your purse is so perfect for spring/summer! I think I'm overdue for a new purse...

    I love your idea for a weekly prayer schedule! I've done that before and found that the structure really helped me make sure I was praying for all the things I wanted to. I am back to the point of feeling really overwhelmed now with all that's going on and all that I want to pray for, so I think I need to make a new one for myself!

    And I love what you wrote about marriage! I agree - I had no idea that marriage would be this hard!! but it is SO worth it!! I love Caleb more now than I ever had - that's the best! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your posts Laura! No, that wasn't TMI - it's so true, sometimes I think to myself is this PMS or me being selfish, or the realization that marriage is hard? I also love that you curled your hair, and dressed up for date night, sounds like you guys had a great time! Super cute summer purse! Yay target!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the idea of a prayer schedule. I've always thought about it being a great idea, but have never sat down and actually created one. But maybe it's about time because then it just doesn't happen. Sigh.. * thanks for the reminder Laura!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I ♥ to hear from my readers :)