April 24, 2012

Growing up

I am not a morning person. I really really really wish I was, but I'm just not.

I've known this about myself for a long time, however it's taken me a good while into my adult life to figure out how much sleep I really need. The past few weeks I've been consistently getting about 6-7 hours of sleep a night, and while I can manage on that amount, let's just say I'm not in "tip-top shape" between the time I wake up and about, oh... 10:30 am. That's a good long time spent simply waking up. I think I'm figuring out that I'm more of an 8-hour person. So I'm starting to learn. That maybe it's worth it to turn off the TV at 10 so I can wind down and get ready for bed and actually be asleep by 10:30 or 11. Maybe it's worth it to make the best use of my time so I don't feel gypped at the end of the evening when all I got done was eating dinner, watching a show, and checking FacebookTwitterInstagramBlogs, aka all that is social media (seriously, how pathetic am I??). Maybe it's worth it to really push it in that after-work run so I feel that good kind of tired at the end of the day, so I sleep harder, so I feel more rested in the morning.

Yes, my friends, these things I'm still learning. I guess the summary of this post is that I'm still learning how to be a grown-up.

And honestly, I think I will still be learning this when I'm 45.
And when I'm 60.
And probably by 75 I'll have given up and just decided to act like a kid again.


For now, I'll be relying on this to wake me up this morning.


Does anybody else feel the same way?

4 comments:

  1. cuuuutteee. ok so I know you're gonna hate me but...I am a morning person. I mean I'm groggy when I wake up but five minutes after I'm out of bed I'm pretty much wide awake. however I too struggle with getting to bed - turning off the tv, the computer etc. I'm trying to put on some music and read earlier in the night. and yes, running helps a lot too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I think I knew this about you before, and no I don't hate you! I'm just jealous that you have that skill!!

      Delete
  2. Oh I struggle to get out of bed every morning! Thankfully once I'm out of bed/start getting ready, I feel more awake. I need like 8-9 hours of sleep so I have been trying to be really disciplined to start winding down around 10 so I can be asleep by 10:30. buuuut since I've been reading the Hunger Games I've been staying up later reading and I'm paying for it haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'm with you on that!! Getting into a good book or show on Netflix is definitely a good way to lose sleep!

      Delete

Thanks for commenting! I ♥ to hear from my readers :)