April 16, 2012

Lately

So lately I've been weaning myself off the internet a little bit. I love to blog, but sometimes it's nice to just sit back and enjoy life and not feel like I have to turn it into a blogpost. Don't worry - I've kept up with all of your blogs! I couldn't give that up. But I've just recently been having the desire to simply spend time with people instead of spending those couple hours conjuring up a new post for the next day. And it's been so nice.

Some things I've been up to lately?


freshening up my home for spring


family time over Easter weekend


exercising outside


rooftop restaurants & home cooked meals with friends


casual date nights with the hubs, involving Mexican food and How I Met Your Mother


filing our taxes
(not fun, but it had to be done. actually this was mostly Michael,
but I did add in all FIVE of my forms from the various jobs I had in 2011!)


using a Groupon to get my nails did.
I tried the gel polish for the first time - it's been 3 days and has yet to chip!
pretty awesome



What have you been up to lately?

7 comments:

  1. looks like you've been having fun! is that mexican restaurant on the border? if so, yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is called Los Tres Magueyes - it's a local chain that's super yummy!

      Delete
  2. i've also been running a lot - loving this great weather! i always want to get a gel mani because they last so long but my nails peel a lot and i think it could possibly tear my nail off :( but i'll admire your pretty nails from afar!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try it! I love mine - it's different than the fake nails because it's so thin it just grows out with your nail. It also makes them stronger so I doubt you'd have breakage issues! no pressure or anything :)

      Delete
  3. Hey Laura!

    So nice meeting you! changed my blog to http://thegoodlifeofhappiness.blogspot.com/

    hope you will follow! maybe I will get to see you on Sunday?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes we should definitely go to church together!

      Delete
  4. I've been taking little breaks from the internet too. I think it's refreshing - and needed! It looks like you've been doing really fun things with the people you love!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I ♥ to hear from my readers :)