October 7, 2013

New York City: Day 4



Our last day in the city. Sigh.

It felt a little bittersweet. I really didn't want to leave. How do you fall in love with a place in less than 4 days?

In the morning we grabbed a quick bite to eat and then walked over to the NY Public Library. It was beautiful! It felt so similar to the buildings I'm used to seeing in DC. It was like a little piece of historical magic right in the middle of all the modern skyscrapers. We enjoyed looking through it, but didn't spend a whole lot of time there. We took a quick peek at Bryant Park and then headed back up to Grand Central Terminal since I hadn't gotten a chance to look at it yet. Just as big and beautiful as I imagined!

We took the 6 up to 86th street and walked over to Central Park. We wanted to take a quick stroll through the park again, as well as see the reservoir. We then walked over to the Upper West Side to look for the You've Got Mail house, and we think we found it! It was one of the houses on the pretty street pictured above, but we didn't get a good photo since they were doing construction on it. We strolled through the neighborhoods and down to the Hudson River Greenway. The Upper West Side is absolutely gorgeous. So many beautiful houses and parks!

We took the 1 down to Greenwich Village again to meet up with Michael's cousin for quick bite to eat before heading out to the airport. I was so glad we got to see Washington Square Park and NYU before leaving town!

New York, you were good to us. So good. Thanks for an amazing weekend! We hope to come back again one day!

In case you missed it:

5 comments:

  1. I have loved following along on your New York trip. I'm glad you had such a wonderful time- you make me want to go back ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved reading your NYC adventures! You got so many great pictures. It really looks like you got to see the whole city! What a fun trip :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah. The NYP Library and Grand Central! Two of the most gorgeous buildings this city has to offer. I'm glad you had such a fun trip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That last shot is perfect! I've been to that library a dozen times and I've always taken its beauty for granted. Probably because I was always frantic, looking for a book I needed and wondering 'how the heck do I take out a book from this giant library?!' I still don't know. It's so confusing. Point is, you've captured it well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your photos of the library - beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I ♥ to hear from my readers :)