October 4, 2013

New York City: Day 3



This day. This day was AMAZING.

Central Park, meeting blog friends, Top of the Rock. It was all wonderful.

Sunday morning we got up bright and early to go to our friends' church in Woodside and hear Matt preach (he is the pastor!). Then we packed up all of our stuff and headed into the city to check in to our hotel in Midtown. We stayed at The Lexington on 48th and Lexington, and we had such a great experience there. The hotel was recently bought by Marriott and redone, and since they're still in the middle of renovating it, rooms were discounted a lot! And it was a really nice place. I'm so glad we found that deal. It was definitely nice to stay right in the city for a night.

So, after we checked in, we took the subway up to Eats, where we met Anna and Colleen for brunch! I cannot tell you how excited I was to meet these ladies. Colleen and I have followed each other's blogs for close to 2 years, and I think I have followed Anna's for about a year and half. I have to admit, I was nervous. I mean these girls were so great, but would we click in person like we do online? Thankfully, we did! I had such a great time hearing details about their lives and getting a real life perspective on who they are. It was so fun to meet them and our brunch really went by too fast!

After that, we said goodbye to Colleen and walked over to Central Park with Anna, where we got to explore the park for the first time. And WOW. Central Park is huge! And it's beautiful. There are so many paths and hidden gems to explore. Michael and I pretty much spent all afternoon there! We attempted to rent Citibikes, but that didn't go so well since most of the paths are walking only and you can only keep the bike for 30 minutes. It just wasn't enough time to do much. In retrospect, we should have just stuck to walking!

Just when the sun was starting to sink into the golden hour, we went over to the Rockefeller Center to go to the top. It was such a gorgeous time of day! I cannot recommend this activity enough. You look one way, and see the Empire State Building and all of the financial district. Then the other way you see all of Central Park. It was incredible to be so high! I also was amazed at how quiet it was. You're right in the middle of Manhattan, overlooking all of the busyness, and it is quiet. We loved it up there.

From there we headed back down to the ground floor, popped into Anthropologie for a bit, and then walked back to our hotel to get changed for dinner. Thanks to a suggestion from Colleen, we ate at Dos Caminos, an upscale Mexican restaurant that had guacamole that was pretty much heaven. After dinner we ended our night with drinks at The Kimberly, a rooftop bar that had a gorgeous view of the Chrysler building. It was exactly what I had imagined when I pictured going out in the city at night!

In case you missed it:

4 comments:

  1. I have loved reading about your trip! It sounds wonderful! And day three outfit is so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a fun trip! you guys really know how to vacation. i love your ice cream cone picture. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your photos are SO gorgeous! The colors and the light are just beyond incredible.

    I'm very jealous of your blog friend brunch! It all sounds so fun. I'm glad you had a blast in NYC!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay - there we are!!! the fourth photo and the one of you at the top of the rock are so, so, so good. it was so awesome to meet you - i hope over the years our paths cross again, and i know we'll always have the internet :) you are so lovely and awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I ♥ to hear from my readers :)