August 9, 2012

Home reveal: Master bedroom

Our place is starting to come together! We finally had a full weekend to work on some projects last weekend, and we got SO much done, thanks to Michael's parents helping us out all day Saturday. We organized all of our closets, cleared out all the boxes, and painted our bedroom! I know it would make more sense to show off our living room or kitchen first, but I thought I'd share pictures of the master bedroom since it's the only room that's mostly "done" right now. It's not going to seem much different from the way it looked in the apartment, but I really think painting the walls made a huge difference and it really feels so much more homey now. This is what it looked like before we painted...



And here's what it looks like now!


The color is "Sparkling Spring" by Behr.





My dresser is not pictured because I still need to arrange some pretty things on it, and I need to figure out something to decorate the top of Michael's highboy dresser, but it feels so nice to have one room that feels totally homey and lived in! Painting makes a huge difference, and now I'm wanting to do it all over the house! I guess that's the downside of renting - I'll have to repaint it all when we leave so I don't want to go overboard. However, I'm glad that we put in a few hours' work to really change the space. My motto for our new place is to truly move in and make it ours because we never know how long we'll live there.

As you read this, we're on vacation down in Florida, so I'm off to soak up some family time and get my tan on! Hope everyone is having a good week!

7 comments:

  1. I love it!! love your bedspread and lamps - so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The paint makes a world of a difference - looks great, Laura!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun to see pictures since we haven't seen it in person yet!! E

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your room looks SO good Laura! Great job painting and decorating :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your room looks so pretty! it's amazing what a few coats of paint can do to transform a room! We were just at Home Depot looking at paint colors for the next room on our list to paint. It's so fun decorating!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow! nice interior design!

    xx

    www.aroundlucia.com
    www.aroundlucia.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty!! I love it! Well done! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I ♥ to hear from my readers :)