August 29, 2012

Home reveal: Living and dining room

This is post long overdue! I finally got to take some pictures of our place in good lighting (not that they are professional by any means) and I'm inviting you in to see! Come on in...




(just pretend that ugly green tarp over the grill isn't there...)




This gallery wall is one of the things I was working on this past weekend. There are a couple frames that still need to be filled, and I may add a couple more frames on the bottom. There will be a post on the details of this wall coming soon :)


I just love the hallway!


Well there you have it - the work in progress that is our home! You can see why I loved the place so much. It has so many things on my wishlist: hardwood floors, good layout, and character! I loved it before we even furnished it, so I knew that was a good sign. We pretty much moved all of the same stuff from our apartment into this space and it's working well! We did have to buy the rug (found on Overstock), and I've bought a few knickknacks for those built-in shelves, which are not even close to being finished. Here's what we still have to do:

finish gallery wall
finish decorating built-ins
decide on curtains
find something for the wall behind dining room table
buy a longer chain and hook for the chandelier and center it over the table
possibly replace chandelier (to be replaced again when we leave, since we're renting)
do I need something on that big wall over the TV?

I'll be sharing the kitchen, patio, office, and guest room in the near future! Be sure to check out our painted master bedroom if you haven't yet :)

11 comments:

  1. I love your place!! I love the floors and it does have so much character! It feels Richmond-y to me (which is a very good thing.) And the built-in bookshelf?? Perfect! I don't know that I would put anything above the TV because there's so much going on on the other 2/3 of that wall, but then again maybe you should put something there to balance it out...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sydni! we love it too!

      Yeah I agree - the rest of the wall has so much going on that I almost don't want to clutter it, but sometimes it looks too bare. I'll just wait until something comes to me :)

      Delete
  2. I was just looking to buy that same rug! Do you love it? I was thinking of getting in Navy though. Its so cute and a pretty cheap price :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the rug!! Note that the white and colored parts are different materials... the blue part is not rough but not as soft as the white design. And the white part is raised a little, making it a little bit difficult to vacuum (not too bad though). That wasn't a deal breaker for me though - I didn't know all that when I purchased it, but I think I still would have bought it if I found it in a store because it's a great quality rug and the price was hard to beat.

      I LOVED the navy color :) You should go for it!

      Delete
  3. Oh my gosh Laura, YOUR FIRST REAL HOME!!! It looks stunning & I'm so happy for you two :) You're doing such great things with the space & I can't wait to see more... speaking of space - are there more than 2 bedrooms? If so, I say office, master, and baby perhaps? :) hee hee.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laura I love your place!! It has so much character! I love the fireplace and the built-in shelves especially. And your gallery wall looks so good! It really looks homey and comfy and I love it. Are we going to get the rest of the tour anytime? :) Oh, I posted my random facts about me today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lauren I love it!!!! I love the little organizing thing by the front door and love your rug! and your gallery wall! LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! It looks so pretty! Definitely well put together! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your home looks so great Laura! I LOVE the hardwood floors! And it all looks so homey all ready :). I'd expect nothing less from you ;).

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love that rug! and the built-in bookcase! so very, very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE IT ALL. You have such great taste! And that rug! ADORE!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I ♥ to hear from my readers :)