August 21, 2012

Gone to the beach

We took a few days off over the last couple weeks to go spend vacation time with each of our families - Destin, FL with my family the first week and Ocean Isle Beach, NC with Michael's family this past week. This should explain why I've been MIA lately!

We swam. We played games. We ate delicious food. We caught up with family. We paddle-boarded & kayaked & played cornhole. We drove a lot. We made goofy faces with our favorite niece and nephews. We took long walks on the beach. We braved thunderstorms. We watched sunsets. Both trips were so nice and so needed. I'm so thankful for the time away from work and to have two wonderful vacations to end our summer!

Destin, FL
Ocean Isle Beach, NC

6 comments:

  1. FUN!! We just got back from Destin yesterday! We were there celebrating our anniversary and it was fabulous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How Wonderful :) Your beach vacay looked awesome, girl & I'm so happy you guys got to spend lots of quality time with little nieces & nephews they . are . adorable! I'll be checking back for that Liebster ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like so much fun!! I love being by any beach! and what cute pictures : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love all these photos and yes - i'm very, very jealous! two beautiful places.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you were able to take time off to be with your families! It looks like you had a great time! And your pictures are awesome! I love that one of the beach with the dark clouds rolling in - it's so moody!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The storm clouds over the beach are gorgeous! Looks like such a wonderful time. :D

    P.S. Hopping over from Chasing Big Dreams.
    Catherine Denton

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I ♥ to hear from my readers :)