September 28, 2011

Avocado Dressing

It certainly has been a while since I posted a recipe. Last night I had a ripe avocado I needed to use, and in my daily email from MyRecipes.com I saw a recipe for Avocado dressing! How perfect! The website had it paired with chicken tostadas, but I didn't have the ingredients for that so I decided to change it up. I cooked up some Costco salmon burgers (ever tried these?? they are delish!) and this dressing was an AMAZING topping. There is something about the sour cream and avocado mixture that is just perfect. I'm sure it would be a great topping for a number of meals. Check it out!

Avocado Dressing

1 ripe avocado
1/4 c. reduced fat sour cream
2-3 tbsp. lemon juice
3 tsp. canola oil
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. ground red pepper

Blend all ingredients in a food processor until creamy and smooth. Top on a favorite salad, burger, tacos, fajitas, etc.

Adapted from MyRecipes.com

Printer-friendly version

2 comments:

  1. This sounds like it would be so good! I want to make this next time we have tacos or fajitas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love avocado things too! Too bad I'm the only one in my family that likes it though because I want to have it all the time!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I ♥ to hear from my readers :)