October 5, 2011

Pesto Chicken Pizza

This is one of my favorite pizza recipes ever! I am usually a tomato sauce kind of girl, but this pesto combination is just sooo good. Your taste buds will love you for making this.



Pesto Chicken Pizza
pizza dough
1/4 c. pesto
cooked chicken (1 large breast, or 2 smaller ones)
1/2 can black beans, drained
1 medium tomato, chopped
1/2 - 1 c. mozzarella cheese
1/4 c. Parmesan cheese

Mold out your dough on a pizza stone or pan. Spread out an even layer of pesto. Add chicken, black beans, tomato, and then top with the cheese (I don't know why, I just like it this way). Follow whatever your pizza dough says for baking, but add a little time since there is so much stuff on top. I use the Trader Joe's wheat dough (it is the best!), and it says about 10-12 minutes but I usually have to leave it in for 25-30 minutes to get it cooked all the way through. I also use Trader Joe's pesto. I suppose you could make your own pesto and have it be just as great, if not better!

Printer-friendly version



Extra tip: For times when I need cooked chicken for a recipe and I'm not using a marinade, I like to use Nature's Seasons. It's a combination of salt, pepper, and some other spices that add a little flavor to plain chicken.

1 comment:

  1. This looks really good! I love original pizza but sometimes I like switching it up, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I ♥ to hear from my readers :)