October 25, 2011

Lists

I have a love/hate relationship with having a long list of things to do. On the one hand, it clutters my brain and all I can think about is how much I have to get done and when is the soonest I can fit some of those tasks in my schedule so I can check them off the list. On the other hand, if I had no to-do list, I would miss out on that sense of pride and accomplishment that I feel when I get things done and get to knock one more task off that list.

In a world where everything is digitized and in some type of online cloud, it seems smartest to digitize my lists as well. I have tried multiple "To do list" apps on my phone and while in my mind it makes sense to have it all in my phone (because let's be honest, everything else in my life is in that little machine), but I find it so cumbersome to have to select the app, type in my tasks, and later remember that I even put that list in there. I time and time again resort to the trusty ol' pen and paper method. I really do love writing out the lists. A cute little notepad doesn't hurt, either.

Reasons why I   w r i t e   it out:

  • I see the list. It's not just in my phone but it floats around in my car, my purse, my kitchen counter and reminds to do the things I need to! Way better than a notification on my phone, which I can just whisk away into cyberspace. (I think I'm sounding more and more old-fashioned as I write this...)
  • Crossing off a completed task is sooo much more satisfying than touching a little checkmark on a screen. Am I weird because of this?
  • A reason to buy pretty pads of paper. I absolutely love writing on pretty paper!
  • I like my handwriting and I'm not afraid to admit it. I rarely ever handwrite things and this is a chance to have fun with it!


And because I love pretty paper... here are some lovely notepads I would love to buy for all those lists! :)

Love this. via finchandhawk Etsy shop

via TheZestyDesk Etsy shop

via brittanylaurendesign Etsy shop

A cute little notepad holder via The Cottage Home

via Life's a Journal

And this is just awesome. via Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I ♥ to hear from my readers :)