October 20, 2011

Inside-out Paint

This week I have been working on a project that I started in our den/office and I am excited to share it with you when I've got some of it finished! It involves painting, books, and some bright colored fabrics. It won't all come together very fast, so I'll share with you in stages. I'm excited to turn our den into something pretty. Ever since we moved in, it has kind of been a hodgepodge of random things from both of our previous homes, and never really had any type of theme or coordination. Since we got a TV in the room and have been spending more time in there, I have been noticing how plain and untogether it is. So this is my attempt to fix that! I can't wait to see what comes of it.

For now I want to show you a fun little trick I learned from a favorite DIY blog of mine, my yellow umbrella. Alina is the queen of DIY-ing thriftstore finds and turning them into something beautiful. She is so creative! Check out this gorgeous cake stand/table centerpiece she created from random glass objects, spraypaint, and glue:


She spraypainted the inside of a glass vase and the bottom of a glass platter, and then glued them together. How brilliant!! Check out her Faux Milk Glass Tutorial for the how-to. How cute would a series of different sizes and colors be for a baby or wedding shower, or even a wedding? And it is so cheap!

I recently tried doing this with blue spraypaint on a vase for my bathroom and sadly I picked the wrong color blue and it didn't really turn out. The problem with this painting technique is that you can't just paint over it because the whole point is to see the paint through the glass! Oh well, you win some you lose some, this I have learned with DIY projects. (I won't bother showing you pictures because it's just not worth it. Just keep looking at Alina's beautiful creation :)

I hope you are enjoying your week!
Expect some pictures of the den project to come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I ♥ to hear from my readers :)