December 10, 2011

Christmas Tabletop

So last year my one Christmas decoration on the dining table was a centerpiece that consisted of a glass bowl filled with cinnamon pine cones and red cranberries. I loved the smell, but it was little blah. The red color was also toward to maroon side, and that was not really going to go well with my brightly colored mantle display that sits right next to the dining table.  So finding some Christmas placemats or a tablecloth was at the top of my to do list.

HomeGoods had a cute table runner for $12.99. I liked the colors but wasn't sure what to pair it with. Remembering that last year World Market had great Christmas decorations, I went over there to check out the selection. They have some good stuff! I ended up finding these awesome green wreath placemats that were on sale for $1.99. I got up to the register and they were marked down to $1! AND I had a 25% off coupon so I ended up getting these suckers for 75 cents a piece. Woohoo! (I also got our gold star tree topper there for about $6, after the discount.)

These cranberries were left over from the DIY cranberry ornaments and the vases (or maybe they're candle holders?) are from the dollar store. Seriously, you can make some really cute displays for less than you think!!



I don't ever fully set this table with place settings because it serves as our dining table and casual kitchen table. We use it too much to have to move dishes out of the way every time we eat or do a project. That is also the reason I don't have a formal centerpiece - salt, pepper, and napkins are needed on this table more than pretty things! One day we will have a dining room and it will be fun to fully set the table :)

How have you decorated your table for Christmas? Do you have special Christmas china? What about centerpieces?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I ♥ to hear from my readers :)