December 5, 2011

Cranberry Ornaments

I can't believe my long weekend is over! I had an amazing four day weekend that was full of spending time with friends, visiting newborn babies, and decorating for Christmas. It was fantastic! We picked up our tree on Friday and I am absolutely loving the evergreen smell and the coziness of the lights in the evening! I have some fun projects to share with you. I also managed to somehow get glitter all over my apartment. I don't know how, but whenever I get glitter out, it somehow always spreads itself everywhere, even in the places I wasn't using it. Did you have a good weekend as well?

One of the projects I attempted was making these cranberry ornaments, found at a favorite blog of mine, Ten June. I thought Michelle's idea was so unique, and I decided to try it. What do you think?


I took advantage of the amazing deals all the craft stores are having (50% off most of the Christmas decorations!) and bought 8 glass ball ornaments, a big bunch of cranberries, and champagne colored glitter. I cut a small sprig of cranberries, glued glitter to them, and then glued it to the metal cap of the glass ornament and stuffed them inside the ball. I think they turned out so cute! I love that you can see the Christmas lights through them.




I had some cranberries left over, and used them to decorate our dining table. I'll be sharing that in a later post!

There are probably a million different things you can do with these glass balls to create fun ornaments. Have you tried any lately? What are some of your favorite Christmas tree decorations?

P.S. I'm starting a new chapter in my career today, and I am super excited. Wish me luck!

4 comments:

  1. this is so cute laura! i am making a craft with glass ball ornaments too, using curled strips of sheet music. i'm sure there are a million other ideas for ornament crafts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEAUTIFUL ornaments!! Great job Laura!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO pretty!! Totally my style!

    Congrats on your new career endeavor. How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look so pretty! Cranberries are the pretties winter/Christmas decoration! There are so many ideas for glass ball ornaments - I love them all!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I ♥ to hear from my readers :)