September 4, 2013

A long weekend



This Labor Day, we had a wedding to attend in South Carolina for my cousin. At first we were a little bummed that another holiday weekend was taken up by a wedding, but it ended up being really great. I decided to take Friday off and got to enjoy a morning to myself before we headed down to SC for the rehearsal dinner. The food was great and the toasts were even better. I love rehearsal dinners because I feel like they allow you to get to know the couple better, especially the one in the couple who you don't know that well. The next day, we went to the venue to help set up decorations for the wedding. My cousin Heather definitely went above and beyond with little touches - from vases of baby's breath hanging in the tree above the ceremony, to a ribbon garland surrounding the reception tent, it was all perfect. She was also a drop dead gorgeous bride. Her dress was incredible - so classic yet very on trend. The dinner was heavy hors d'oeuvres, and I have never seen such a classy presentation of sliders and french fries. I'm so glad we got to be a part of her wedding and it was so fun celebrating with my family!

We got home late on Sunday and then had all of Monday to relax and ease back into the week. I went to the gym, then the grocery store, and then Michael set out to fulfill his mission of smoking a pork butt on the grill. I made this Vegetable Tian and I have to say it was really quite fun. It's such a colorful dish, and it turned out to be just as delicious and fresh as it looks. We had friends over for dinner and enjoyed our smoked BBQ (which turned out to be fantastic, by the way), while ignoring the fact that we had to return to work the next day. It was the perfect way to end a long weekend!

9 comments:

  1. so cool that he smoked his own pork butt (as funny as that sounds). you look gorgeous, your cousin looks gorgeous, her dress is awesome, that cake is awesome - beautiful, beautiful wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are such an adorable couple. Also, that veggie dish looks awesome. I'm a big fan of Budget Bytes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you had a good weekend, even though part of it was taken up by traveling. What a pretty wedding! I've never made a vegetable tian but yours looks so good! I'm excited for fall but I will definitely miss all of the fresh, summer veggies

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a gorgeous wedding! i LOVE those bridemaid dresses!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that wedding looks like it was such a fun time! I really like the bright sunglasses the bridesmaids wore. and I like the looks of this veggie dish you made. yum yum yum.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the pictures! Those are the CUTEST bridesmaid dresses! And of course the brides dress is stunning! What a great weekend! And the food does look amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like such a great weekend! The wedding looks beautiful. Love those bridesmaids' dresses!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a pretty perfect holiday weekend! What a beautiful wedding, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your dress is pretty. :) Had you been to South Carolina before (I just stumbled onto your blog, so I apologize if you have written about SC before)? Did you like it?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I ♥ to hear from my readers :)