July 23, 2013

A Wedding in Maryland

We have had quite a few weddings to attend this year. This one was probably the most unique wedding I had been to, mainly because of the people involved. One of my good friends from college fell in love with a British boy, and they have dated transcontinentally for the past 3 years, to finally get married this past weekend. I was honored to be asked to do a reading in the wedding ceremony, so I got to participate in all of the weekend festivities. It was such a blast meeting all of the groom's British family members and friends! I think I pictured them being a bit stand-offish because everyone always says that Americans are so much nicer and friendlier than Europeans. But honestly, these people were some of the nicest people I've ever met. It was also a wonderful treat to hear them speak - loved their accents. They were so sweet and fun to get to know, and I'm so glad that my friend is so blessed to marry into such a wonderful family. She is moving to England after they sort through all of the legal red tape (which unfortunately may take a few months), and it is going to be weird not having her in the same country. As I've written about before, my college friends and I try to get together a couple times a year, and even though we are all spread out in different areas, we have been able to keep up that tradition for the past 3 years. It is going to be different not having Sarah be a part of those get togethers. But it is so nice knowing that she will be taken care of by her husband and his family. All I can say is I cannot wait to visit her in England!



Sarah looked STUNNING and I cannot describe to you how beautiful the whole wedding was! (Also, the Maryland crab cakes were to die for. SO GOOD.) On Sunday we found time to celebrate another friend in our group who is getting married in August (I told you! weddings galore!) with a bridal tea at a beautiful hotel in DC. All in all, it was a busy but perfect weekend and I'm so thankful for such wonderful friends to celebrate life with!


2 comments:

  1. What a fun wedding! I think it's so cool Sarah met and married a Brit! You will definitely have to go visit her :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. she looks so lovely! it can be so hard to have a friend be that far away but it's so nice to hear how wonderful his family is. beautiful weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I ♥ to hear from my readers :)