June 20, 2013

France: A day trip to Ventimiglia, Italy

Let's get back to the France trip! Shall we?

This post isn't really about France though. This is the one day that I left the country and dipped my toes in the Italian shore. A group of us heard that it only takes an hour to get to Italy, so we decided to take a day trip out to this little Italian coastal town literally right across the border. Ventimiglia was so charming and so quaint that I just wanted to stay there forever. While it was very similar to the French coastal towns, it felt distinctly different and was full of a totally unique culture and language. We ate lunch at a cute little restaurant that was so perfect. I had the BEST pasta of my life. Not exaggerating here. Really, the best. We walked through the town and went down to the coast, which we found was covered in large pebbles! I had never seen a beach like that. We may or may not have seen a few topless Italians.

We finished the day off with gelato and then took the train home. I'm so glad we took the time to explore a different area not included in our itinerary. I know it was a random town that no one has ever heard of, but I can say I've been to Italy! One day hopefully I will see the rest.



----------------------------------------------

In case you missed it:

4 comments:

  1. So pretty! I love discovering little towns off the beaten path - they usually give me some of my favorite memories from a trip!! Love hearing about your travels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome pictures! i'm loving your travel diary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! I want to dive right into these photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so pretty!! I want to be by that beach right now!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I ♥ to hear from my readers :)