August 23, 2011

Local Favorite: Spanky's


I just had a fun visit with my mom and sister and we decided to go over to Chapel Hill for an afternoon. My mom had never seen the campus or downtown area, so we parked and walked around a bit (saw the Old Well of course) and then went in search of a good lunch place. We decided on Spanky's, and I'm glad that we did! I always had heard it was a popular bar of the Chapel Hill night life, but never anything about its food. And it was amazing! It was such a local feel with a great atmosphere. They have some really unique dishes there, that are upscale-restaurant quality and totally not expensive (lots of meals are less than $10). I got the Veggie Quesadillas, my sister got the Rosemary Chicken Pasta, and my mom got the Mediterranean Salad. All were delicious! Thanks, Mom, for treating us!

1 comment:

  1. Their ribs are amazing there, one of my favorite places for ribs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I ♥ to hear from my readers :)