March 28, 2014

High 5 for Friday

I haven't done one of these posts in a while! I decided I'd do a low 5 along with my high 5. I'll start with the lows and build up from there.

This week's lows:

1. I found 4 gray hairs this week - eek! Feeling really old. I may have to start dyeing my hair in the near future.
2. I cleaned the whole main level the other night - vacuumed, cleaned the powder room, straightened up. Thanks to the Coop man, not even 2 days later it looked like it needed a thorough cleaning again.
3. This has been a looong week at work. I am so ready for a vacation.
4. The rain. And the cold. I am just SICK of it! So ready for spring to come and STAY.
5. Since we were out of town last weekend and got home late Sunday night, the laundry and grocery shopping have yet to be caught up on... I am thinking it probably won't happen tonight either, even though it should.




And now for the highs!

1. Last weekend we went to Charlotte for a family reunion with Michael's family. He had aunts and uncles come from all over the US to celebrate their grandmom's 85th birthday! It was such a fun celebration, and the first time the whole family had been together in a long time. We even had a professional photographer there to document the reunion, and we took a family pic with Cooper!



2. Michael set up our patio lights that we had at our old house. It was a bit tricky to figure out this time since we don't have a tall surrounding fence, but they are up and they look good! I can't wait for summer cookouts out there, once the weather is finally warm again.

3. Our new sectional couch came in last week! I can't wait to show you guys. It looks great and it's so nice to have more seating!

4. Cooper ignores the TV most of the time, but certain sounds will perk his interest. This time it was the sounds of zombies while watching the Walking Dead. I can't even handle how cute he looks sitting here watching TV with us.


5. We are currently planning a vacation for the end of May to visit my friend who lives outside of London! We originally thought we'd go see London, some of the English countryside, and then take the chunnel over to Paris to tour around there for a few days before coming home. After scouring the flights to and from London, Paris, and some other options around Europe, we figured out that flights from Raleigh to Dublin, Ireland are way cheaper - like a difference of a few hundred dollars. So we are going to England and Ireland! I am so excited, as I have been to neither place before! We need to start researching and planning, because I know nothing about Ireland and it's already less than 2 months away!  I  C A N ' T  W A I T!

Linking up with Lauren from Lauren Elizabeth for High 5 for Friday

11 comments:

  1. i am SO JEALOUS of your upcoming vacation!!! ireland is on my DREAM travel bucket list. please take tons of pictures and post endlessly about it. i love your new family portrait picture. cooper is stealing the show for sure. ;-) and i think you and the rest of the triangle are ready for real spring weather to come and stay. i think our upcoming forecast is looking pretty decent! fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely post all the pictures and tell all the tales of my travels. I can't wait to go! Do you have any travel tips for England? I will have to go back and reread your posts from your trip not too long ago.

      Also, the weather today ain't too bad. It's gorgeous, actually. Let's hope it stays that way!

      Delete
    2. i was stressing out about getting money converted before we left for our trip, but the most simple way for me was actually to take money out at an ATM once we got there. no matter how you get your money converted (at your personal bank before you go or withdraw from an ATM when you get there), there will be some sort of international processing fee so it kind of doesn't matter. it was easier for me to just get it once we landed so i didn't feel like i had to decide how much i was going to need before my trip even started. does that make sense? haha. that is my one "tip". (what a lame tip). here's two more tips to redeem myself: eat food and take lots of pictures.

      Delete
    3. Thanks for the money tip (really!). And the food and pictures part? you know I'll do those ;)

      Delete
  2. Your vacation sounds fun!!! Too cute Cooper watches Walking Dead....Our favorite show and my pups ignore the TV. Guess we have been watching it too long they lost interest.
    xo, Lee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I think it comes with age... they learn to ignore it since it's just a boring TV and nothing real to play with! It's cute that he's doing it now while he's still young though :) I'm sure he will ignore it eventually!

      Delete
  3. oh my gosh, how exciting!! Ireland will be so beautiful in may!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure hope so! I have a lot of planning to do in the next month and a half!

      Delete
  4. OMG, that pic of Cooper watching tv. Dying.

    And yay for the vacation! I have been wanting to see Ireland for years. From what I've seen in pics, it looks lush and gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm hoping we'll have good weather and the grass will be the greenest of greens!

      Delete
  5. i can't wait to hear and see your adventures to ireland and england! how extremely exciting. planning vacations always gets me giddy, i am very excited for you guys. also, that family picture HAS to be your christmas card, everyone looks so perfect. cooper is the cutest!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I ♥ to hear from my readers :)