February 11, 2014

Dining room updates

The day I photographed the first floor, we actually made some changes in the dining room so it's been looking a little different from what I originally showed you. For Christmas my parents got me these Pottery Barn shelves, and I am in love with how they add some character to the room! I love being able to display my wine glasses instead of having them hidden in cabinets, and displaying them here also gives me more cabinet space in the kitchen. It's a win win all around. We also turned the table, which gives us some extra walking space from the living room to the back door. I think the room looks better without everything lined up down the middle. It's not so straightforward, and has a little bit more dynamic to it. What do you think?



2 comments:

  1. i love those shelves! i almost got them but we were worried about hanging them in our apartment (some of the walls only like 1/2 an inch down are cement, so it was a no go). love the way they look and how the whole room is decorated - maybe my favorite yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the wine shelf! Also how you turned the table!
    xo, Lee

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I ♥ to hear from my readers :)