February 12, 2014

Snow!

A couple of weeks ago we got a snow day. We never get snow here in NC! It started in the evening - tiny flakes slowly fell from the sky and covered our neighborhood. I know I said before how I'm not a huge fan of snow, but when you don't have to go out in it, it actually feels pretty special. I love how cozy it makes everything seem. It creates a hush among the otherwise busy streets, and everything just looks so peaceful.
When it was all said and done, we only got about 2-3 inches. But I didn't have to go to work, so out we went into the snow, throwing snowballs for our friends' dogs and sledding on inflatable inner tubes (which I found out can pop pretty easily). We finished it off with Italian wedding soup, fresh baked bread, and a movie. It was a good day.

Today they're calling for more. A lot more. There could be ice too. I am praying we don't lose power or water, and I'm thankful we have a gas fireplace!


4 comments:

  1. I'm praying for all of those things, too, especially since I'm flying from Boston to Raleigh tomorrow morning at 6:45!

    Stay warm, Laura!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm hoping we don't lose electricity, too! I love that last picture. The sunset is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i hope you guys are doing ok today! i love all the snow :) enjoy it and lots of hot chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that last picture is so pretty! i loved the snow days we had. but today's cold rain? EWWWWW.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I ♥ to hear from my readers :)