May 20, 2013

Surprise!

Well, we pulled it off. We surprised Michael for his birthday, and I think we got him (mostly!). There was lots of planning involved - hiding food and decorations in random places in the house and in other people's houses, and soliciting help from others because let me tell you, it's hard planning a surprise party for someone you live with! Michael turns 27 on Wednesday, so I wanted to surprise him on a birthday that wasn't supposed to be a big one. He was mostly surprised (even if he wasn't totally, he had a great reaction) and he was definitely excited to see so many people at our house to celebrate his birthday with him. He was also really surprised that I asked his parents to come up for it, too. So glad that I could make him feel special! A word to the wise: have your surprise party for someone at a different house than the one they live in. It would make it so much easier to get things set up ahead of time. But I'm so glad I did it and thankful to all the friends who showed up to make it memorable!


2 comments:

  1. His expression is priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that cake looks insanely amazing - but not as good as his expression! love this - i'm trying to pull off a surprise for brian's birthday so you have instilled some confidence in me that i can make it happen!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I ♥ to hear from my readers :)