May 14, 2013

Dreamland


Last week we were on vacation. And when I say vacation, I mean we went to one of the most relaxing, beautiful, quintessentially southern places we've ever been to. And it was glorious! Michael's granddad was generous enough to host a vacation for the whole family down in Bluffton, SC at a magical resort (and I don't ever use the word "magical" lightly) that was basically a little Southern town right on the water, with a similar feel to the little town of Beaufort. We stayed in the cute little village in one of those old, southern style homes with a big huge porch and wide planked floors.

We biked, we kayaked, and we climbed tree houses. We saw alligators and green lizards and dolphins. We lounged by the pool and roasted s'mores by the fire. We did some serious front porch sittin'. We played with our nieces and nephews, who are all too much fun! It really was the best week ever.

Most of the time, I am ready to come home after a trip away from home. Not often do I wish I could stay on vacation because I like being at home where I'm comfortable and have my things and my routine. This was one of the few places I've been where I just wanted to stay forever. It just felt like home. I felt like I was in a dream, and I literally did not think about work or everyday stresses at all the whole time we were down there. Even though it was hard to leave, I came home feeling rested and just all sorts of good feelings inside. And that, my friends, is how a vacation should leave you.


5 comments:

  1. that looks beautiful!!! I want to go there with my family! how old is your little niece? she is adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow that looks amazing!! the fourth picture with all that shade just looks perfect! the trees remind me of my parent's neighborhood, and i love biking there too! i know the feeling of being away from home but feeling home and not wanting to leave - that's the beach for me, but I literally felt like I was home when I was in Aruba. I think Heaven will be like that - everyone will have a different place but it will be home for them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodness this does look like a dreamland! i love all those pretty houses and big front porches. we are on vacation now with caleb's family and i feel like i never want to leave. getting away is just SO nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO MAGICAL. my best friend from grad school, her family owns a house down there and we all went for a weekend and it was just so amazing and relaxing. all the spanish moss...and bikes...and ocean. just magical. we literally have the same exact picture on the porch as you guys haha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks so wonderful! I wouldn't have wanted to come home either. It looks too perfect there. I'm glad you had a great vacation!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I ♥ to hear from my readers :)