May 23, 2012

Pinterest-inspired Birthday Cheesecake

Pinterest is an amazing thing. When I asked Michael what kind of cake he'd like for his birthday this year, he came up with the idea of some type of peanut butter-y chocolate-y cheesecake. Most normal people don't really have a recipe on hand for something that specific... cue Pinterest. I searched "peanut butter chocolate cheesecake" and dozens of different recipes came up on the page. I simply scrolled through the pictures and showed them to Michael, and he picked out the one he wanted.

pinned here and the recipe can be found at this blog post

Of course he would pick that one. A little intimidating, huh?
Surprisingly enough, I actually pulled it off! Here is my version:


It was a huge success with the birthday boy, and that makes me happy! It was super creamy and the peanut butter baked really well with the cheesecake flavor (I was a little unsure when tasting the batter). We had Michael's sister and husband over to help us eat it, thank goodness. It was so rich though, that none of us were even able to finish a whole slice. We'll be freezing some of this for sure. Michael would never let a good dessert go to waste.

Seriously though, what did we do before Pinterest?

Happy birthday Michael, I love you!

5 comments:

  1. love that picture of you two! and your cake looks amazing - i would be patting myself on the back all week if i pulled that off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that looks SOOO good! happy birthday to Michael!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! Good job girl! Been thinking of you as you get ready for vacation!! Have fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job! It's beautiful!!
    -Erin

    ReplyDelete
  5. That cake looks amazing! You and your husband are so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I ♥ to hear from my readers :)