May 21, 2012

Birthday weekend!

This weekend was one big birthday celebration, and we basically spent it all in Durham. Friday I finally got to enjoy my birthday present of a night out to see Wicked! We ate dinner in the Tobacco District before and then walked over to see the show. It was amazing and the actors were all incredibly talented. I loved it! We don't know Durham too well, so it was really fun to explore. We love that there is so much to do all in the same area! Since tomorrow is Michael's birthday, we started his celebration on Saturday. I made him blueberry pancakes, took him to the driving range to test out his new clubs, and then we went up to Durham again to see a Bulls game. Instead of going into the stadium we went to Tobacco Road on the edge of the stadium and thankfully we got amazing seats! It was a sweet spot to watch the game for sure. Sunday we went to see Avengers to continue the celebrating. Basically I'm trying to spoil him - I sure hope he feels like it!













I'm so thankful for a wonderful weekend with my birthday boy! Of course we'll continue the celebrating through tomorrow, and then we'll be focusing on getting all packed up for our vacation! Seriously. cannot. wait. Five more work days and then we get on a plane! I'm stoked!!

1 comment:

  1. that's awesome - happy birthday! and what a cool place to watch the baseball game from.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I ♥ to hear from my readers :)