May 15, 2012

Wedding weekend

I've been slightly busy lately so I thought I'd pop in and do a quick post about our weekend. We traveled to DC for Kyle and Kristy's wedding. It was so great to see them tie the knot and also spend time with my family while we were up there. Of course every time I go home I miss living in Virginia, but that's a different topic for a different day. This was our first wedding of the season and we only have one more, thank goodness. Last year we had several to attend, and Michael was a groomsman in 3 of them!

We had the rehearsal dinner at Maggiano's - always a winner!


The wedding was in a gorgeous Methodist church in Georgetown, and the reception was a ballroom nearby that was almost as beautiful. I would say most venues would have a hard time competing with this:




I wish I had a better picture of the bride's beautiful dress. She was truly stunning. Congrats Kyle and Kristy!

I thought this picture was silly while we were taking it but I actually kind of like it since it's different.
What do you think?


Gosh I love weddings. My sister and I were asking each other why girls are so obsessed with weddings and I think we figured it out. They combine all the things girls love into one pretty package:
flowers, fashion, food, decor, and romance.
Am I right?


And that wraps up another fun weekend! Can you believe it's already mid-May??



P.S. Since that last photo is showing a random sign in our yard, I thought I would explain. My sister got asked to prom on Saturday morning by her boyfriend with these adorable signs! What a sweet idea. Highschoolers can sometimes be cute I guess.


5 comments:

  1. oh my god! that's so adorable!

    and yes, that church is gorgeous.

    and yes, i miss virginia so much, too. can't wait to go home in July.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That church they got married in is gorgeous! And yes, I agree with why girls love weddings so much! We only have three weddings this year - and I'm so excited for them! :) That is so cute how that boy asked your sister to prom. We had an article in our paper a little while ago about how extravagant high schoolers are becoming when asking girls to prom.... like spelling it out in a parking lot and renting a private plane to fly them over it. Yes, it's ridiculous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your dresses - you look beautiful!! and what a cute way to ask to go to prom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never really thought about it, but you're SO right!! Weddings really are a combination of the best things in life :) You look stunning in those pictures and love the "artsy" angle in the 2nd of you and Michael. Have a great Wednesday - we're almost to the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pictures! I really like your dress in the first picture...where did you get it?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I ♥ to hear from my readers :)