June 15, 2012

Weekend!

I feel like I've finally gotten back in the swing of things after our cruise. I've been so much more productive this week and more motivated to get organized (note: this does not mean that I am organized). Nevertheless, I am always as ready for the weekend as the next person! I am SO glad Friday is here. And here are 5 things for me to be happy about.

1. Last weekend we went to Charlotte for some fun time with my in-laws. Included: a candy-themed birthday party for my niece and nephew (complete with moon bounce!), unintentional outfit matching, baby time, and hanging with the cutest dog ever, Snickers. Seriously, she curled up at the foot of our bed as we went to sleep, and we woke up to her curled up right in between us by our heads. Too. cute.


2. Our search for a new place to live is nearing its end. We are  t h i s  close to choosing this one neighborhood we really like. I know that anywhere we choose there is going to be something I don't like about it, but I'm still scared to bite the bullet on the chance that something better will come along later. Praying for contentment and assurance in whatever decision we make!

3. Spending time with friends really is a highlight of my week. And lucky me, I got to do that 3 times this week, weekends not included!

4. Thankful for my sweetie! He's another highlight. He really is the best!

5. Last night I painted my nails Essie's "Sand Tropez" taupe. I'm liking the neutral so far!


P.S. A nail-painting tip: if you get some around the edges of your skin while painting, don't pull out the nail polish remover to get it off. I always mess up at least one of my nails when I do this. Wait until the next time you're in the shower or washing dishes and the water makes it come right off your skin! Way easier!



This weekend we are headed up to VA to see my baby sister graduate HIGH SCHOOL! I can't believe it. She still seems so young in my eyes! I am SO proud of her! Looking forward to spending some time with the family as well as seeing high school friends. Happy weekend everybody!


linking up again with Lauren for High 5 For Friday!

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the graduation! The Yantz family is just beautiful & I can't wait to see pictures from the events and excitement!

    Is she college bound? If so, where did she choose!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. your niece and nephew are adorable!!! and I love your maxi dress. : ) enjoy your weekend celebrating your sister!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. have so much fun in virginia - and congrats to your sister! graduating high school...feels like it was yesterday ;) and that dog sounds like the cutest thing ever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whenever my sister and I paint our nails together she always gets so upset if she gets some on her skin. I always tell her "Don't worry about it -- it comes off in the shower!!!" Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello! I just came across your blog! I’ve decided to follow your blog! If you get a minute, I’d love to know what you think of my latest outfit post! While you’re visiting, follow along so we can keep in touch! :)
    xo, elle from Living in Color.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I ♥ to hear from my readers :)