June 23, 2011

Double Cheese Macaroni

This recipe is one of my mom's, and it has always been a BIG HIT every time I bring it somewhere! It is great for family dinners, potlucks, cookouts, etc. Tonight I added a little something: tomato slices. And it was delicious! Sorry I didn't take a picture, I forgot to before we dug in! :)

Double Cheese Macaroni

8 oz. elbow macaroni (can also use small shells)
½ c. shredded cheddar cheese
12 oz. cottage cheese
¼ c. butter
¼ c. flour
2 c. milk
½ tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
½-1 c. bread crumbs
2 tsp. melted butter

Cook macaroni noodles and drain. In a sprayed or greased 9 x 13 alternate layers of noodles, cheddar cheese, & cottage cheese ending with cheddar cheese. Melt butter in saucepan, stir in flour, S & P, blend in milk and heat to boiling stirring constantly. Pour on top. (Here is where I laid the tomato slices.) Add bread crumbs on top mixed with 2 tsp. (or more) melted butter.

Bake at 375 for 30-35 minutes.

Printer-friendly version

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I ♥ to hear from my readers :)